A different direction - GX Luxury Mods

ilumo

Aug 1, 2024
Media
ny
Just throwing it out there but most of the mods I see for the GX are typically for off-roading / over trailing setups. I think they are great but for someone like me who will likely never off-road (unless going down snowy trails in winter for snowboarding counts) I’m trying to see if I can get inspiration on how to make my Luxury+ trim look better without sacrificing the creature comforts. I like the full body roof racks, but with my pano roof, I still want to use that. I like some of the off-road bumpers (nytop), but not sure how that would look with luxury trim.
I guess what I’m after is “handsome rugged”. Whatever that means. The GX the way it is now looks great, but maybe some different wheels. Maybe a tad lower suspension (gasp). Might make things look really good.

Any ideas guys? :)

I like the full body roof racks, but with my pano roof, I still want to use that.
Victory makes a short rack.
VGXRK-55-S_2.jpg

subtle pinstripe starting above the headlight and extend full length along the belt line. ?? when you use tape you can change the color any time to suit your whim. Use 1/8 tape keep it waxed on and it stays in good shape.

Tbh. If I were to go this route I would likely do the LR OeM rack. That said a full rack is interesting but only if you could reduce the number of cross bars so that the panorama roof wouldn’t be impeded all the time. That or have a way to operate on a minimum number of cross bars and then when you needed it, they could be installed back on there. So something modular.

same boat...lux+ but will probably never do any trails. I am looking at doing a wrap on the top similar to how the OT comes 2 tone with the black on top. Possibly doing the taillight and back hatch light bar wrapped with tint to "darken" the look. Going more for the sexy Lexi look lol

same boat...lux+ but will probably never do any trails. I am looking at doing a wrap on the top similar to how the OT comes 2 tone with the black on top. Possibly doing the taillight and back hatch light bar wrapped with tint to "darken" the look. Going more for the sexy Lexi look lol
Yea. I might do that but I am not planning to keep the truck for more than 3 years so not sure I want to spend the 2500$ I got quoted to wrap the top. It looks nice though.

I am planning on doing something with the wheels/tires. I saw someone with upgraded tires (285/50/22) Toyo ATs and I’m very tempted to do the same as those tires really change the look of the car.

I did black out my Lexus emblem and tuned front windows and the car looks much better already. The rack on the top might look nice too but wish I wouldn’t have to be the first lux+ owner to experiment. Hah.

Yeah, I'm waiting on my blackout overlays to come in and got my tint appointment set up...so hopefully not long. I had the roof wrap quoted locally and it wasn't that much. Did you black out the front grill badge?
Yea. I might do that but I am not planning to keep the truck for more than 3 years so not sure I want to spend the 2500$ I got quoted to wrap the top. It looks nice though.

I am planning on doing something with the wheels/tires. I saw someone with upgraded tires (285/50/22) Toyo ATs and I’m very tempted to do the same as those tires really change the look of the car.

I did black out my Lexus emblem and tuned front windows and the car looks much better already. The rack on the top might look nice too but wish I wouldn’t have to be the first lux+ owner to experiment. Hah.

Yeah, I'm waiting on my blackout overlays to come in and got my tint appointment set up...so hopefully not long. I had the roof wrap quoted locally and it wasn't that much. Did you black out the front grill badge?
Yes. I blacked out front and back emblems.

Attachments

• IMG_0453.jpeg
    IMG_0453.jpeg
    420.3 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0437.jpeg
    IMG_0437.jpeg
    315.7 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0434.jpeg
    IMG_0434.jpeg
    278.8 KB · Views: 38
I also have this hitch step that added to see if I can add some function /protection and better looks. I’m not sure if I like it though.

Attachments

• IMG_0559.jpeg
    IMG_0559.jpeg
    197.2 KB · Views: 34
I like it for functionality. Is it easily removed?
I like it for functionality. Is it easily removed?
it is if you don’t mind it wobbling around a little. I don’t so I tightened it with a hitch anti-rattle brace. So it is bolted on there. Probably takes 2 minutes to remove if you have a wrench. So not bad if you have the tool nearby.

GX550 Poll

• Eco

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Comfort

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Normal

Votes: 19 54.3%
  • Sport S

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Sport S+

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Custom (comment with settings)