🗞️ Breaking News Beware of Scammers!

El Chorizo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 20, 2023
Media
Austin, TX
There is a new scam going around on forums. A scammer tries to sell a product for a really good price and asks you to pay up front via Zelle, or some other method where you have no recourse. If the deal sounds too good to be true, it is! Please exercise caution when doing deals like these. They are legitimate humans and are hard to detect... if you see something suspicious please report it!

Thank you in advance

Caveat Emptor!

Bump!

We've had to ban a few scammers recently and I know of a couple members that paid in advance and got ripped off. Please guys, be careful.... these guys are hard to spot. If it sounds too good to be true, it is.... they want money sent first, usually via Cash App or Zelle. Stay vigilant.

Do you have any examples of what they were trying sell? I know I was getting scammed by someone selling cheap rim/tire package.

Do you have any examples of what they were trying sell? I know I was getting scammed by someone selling cheap rim/tire package.

I've seen those, roof racks, step rails, any relatively common accessory that won't arouse too much suspension. We ban the account and delete the posts so no one else gets caught up in it.

GX550 Poll

• Eco

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Comfort

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Normal

Votes: 19 54.3%
  • Sport S

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Sport S+

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Custom (comment with settings)