Boss Request

robschafer

Jul 1, 2024
Dayton, OH
I'm trying to understand a term my dealer has thrown at me and the implications...
My dealer said a white overtrail + is inbound. I want a Nori Green. She said they would submit a "boss request" to get the color changed. What does "boss request" mean and how does that work? What are the implications to the car arrival timeline?

I'm trying to understand a term my dealer has thrown at me and the implications...
My dealer said a white overtrail + is inbound. I want a Nori Green. She said they would submit a "boss request" to get the color changed. What does "boss request" mean and how does that work? What are the implications to the car arrival timeline?

My only guess is they are looking at perhaps doing a "dealer trade" -- they find a dealer willing to take their white overtrail + in and give them a Nori Green one to sell to you. I've done this with dealers quite a few times.

Never heard it called a Boss Request, but my guess is the dealer that asks for the trade ends up owing the dealership willing to do the trade a favor :)

My only guess is they are looking at perhaps doing a "dealer trade" -- they find a dealer willing to take their white overtrail + in and give them a Nori Green one to sell to you. I've done this with dealers quite a few times.

Never heard it called a Boss Request, but my guess is the dealer that asks for the trade ends up owing the dealership willing to do the trade a favor :)
Ah. Many thanks. So doesn't really sound like a done deal...

Ah. Many thanks. So doesn't really sound like a done deal...

No, sounds like the manager has to agree to it and also has to find a willing partner. I could be completely wrong though, it might mean something else. You'll have to ask the sales person what it means!

Did you agree to take any Overtrail + color previously, or have you told them you're only interested in Nori Green and that color was specific on your allocation request? Maybe she needs to talk to the manager (boss) to get your desires on the allocation list changed?

Or she completely made that term that up. Once the vehicle is inbound, it's already made and color won't change. Dealers get what they get allocated from Lexus, they don't have much say on changing inbound vehicles.

Told her in the beginning my pref was Nori green. Earlier, a buyer backed out on a caviar OT+ and I test drove it. Told her I love the car but won't settle for a color I don't like. Now, a month later she says a white OT+ is inbound. I said I still want a Nori Green and then she says she will put in a "boss request" for green and put my name on it.

GX550 Poll

• Eco

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Comfort

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Normal

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Sport S

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Sport S+

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Custom (comment with settings)