Can’t Hear Siri or Lexus Assistant Over Radio

JorgeR

Jul 23, 2024
Media
Nipomo CA
Does anyone have the issue where the stereo does not turn down nearly enough to hear Siri and or the Lexus assistant? I can barely hear them and have to shout over the stereo when they come up :/ Seems like a software issue…

Does anyone have the issue where the stereo does not turn down nearly enough to hear Siri and or the Lexus assistant? I can barely hear them and have to shout over the stereo when they come up :/ Seems like a software issue…
+1. On my other vehicles the radio would auto lower in volume while you have Siri activated. Not sure how to do that on gx yet.

You can adjust the vol of Siri but only when Siri is talking. My Mercedes sprinter does the same thing where you can adjust the vol but only when it is active. The vol in my 550 OT was low when I took delivery and when I was able to catch it active I used the vol control to adjust its vol up to be able to hear it. There prob is another way but I have not found it in the menus yet.

You can adjust the vol of Siri but only when Siri is talking. My Mercedes sprinter does the same thing where you can adjust the vol but only when it is active. The vol in my 550 OT was low when I took delivery and when I was able to catch it active I used the vol control to adjust its vol up to be able to hear it. There prob is another way but I have not found it in the menus yet.
Yea. I discovered this as well, but it’s not a good solution because you will be constantly adjusting the Siri volume based on your music volume. It really needs to be dynamic setting.

Yea. I discovered this as well, but it’s not a good solution because you will be constantly adjusting the Siri volume based on your music volume. It really needs to be dynamic setting.
I agree, every other car I have/had will lower the volume of the stereo automatically so you can hear and just as important you don't have to shout out your reply louder than the stereo. I bought a code reader to see if it was something you could customize but I didn't see any adjustments. Maybe the dealer has additional access to settings.

I did some testing yesterday and I think it’s something related to Apple CarPlay because when I did a “hey Lexus” my music immediately lowered in volume and my conversation with Lexus bot was clear and the operation was expected. However when I did a “hey siri” the music volume did NOT lower. Perhaps there is a setting somewhere specifically for 3rd party integration auto volume controls. I didn’t really look yet.

It is a known issue with Apple CarPlay and some newer vehicles that use the same head unit. Had it on my Toyota Grand Highlander too. Same on Music in CarPlay but not on playing Audiobooks.

It is supposed to reduce the volume but not pause it. I'd rather it pause it.
I'm trying to get Apple to fix it, maybe you can call their customer support and let them know of the issue. The more pressure the quicker they may fix it.

GX550 Poll

• Eco

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Comfort

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Normal

Votes: 19 54.3%
  • Sport S

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Sport S+

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Custom (comment with settings)