Cooled Seats Extremely Weak. Common issue?

jaydub

Aug 7, 2024
Media
US
I live in Atlanta and have been surprisingly unimpressed with the cooled seats. I'm not sure if it's because I have massaging seats or is this is a general issue. Much weaker than any other vehicle I've owned with this feature. Anyone else noticing this? Also, the AC always appears to be on regardless of if I have the blue "AC" indicator on or not.

I agree, but it's not weak enough to bother me. I can tell you that the ventilated seats in the new Sequoia are much stronger. However, it seems about the same as my wife's '23 highlander.

I'm in MO (4 seasons) with Lux+, all "premium" features of the seats are average at best. The ventilated AC fan is weak, the heated option is also barely noticeable and the massage feature is unremarkable. All that said, I still love the vehicle and have just come to accept that I paid a lot of $$ for bunch of extras that simply are not worth the price.

I definitely notice the cooled seat feature here in Arizona. Sometimes I lean forward a bit at a stoplight to stretch and I can feel the cool breeze rippling the back of my t-shirt. It freaked me out the first time it happened. I just leave the driver's seat on automatic but I only turn the passenger seat on if I have a passenger - I've noticed that my day planner on the driver's seat can activate the cooling feature.

GX550 Poll

• 2 weeks

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • 1 - 2 months

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • 3 - 5 months

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • More than 5 months

Votes: 19 63.3%
Back