Drive mode isn't sticky :-(

cilles

Jul 17, 2024
California
I love that they have a Custom drive mode option. I set mine to Economy engine but standard Air and Comfort suspension.
However when I set it, every time I turn the car off it returns to Standard (or whatever it is called) mode! Really annoying.
I haven't tried to see if it sticks in Economy (don't like it, wimpy air conditioning) or other modes but since it doesn't stick in Custom I keep getting worse gas mileage.

Has anyone figure out how to make it stick in Custom mode through subsequent start/stops of the engine?

That is maddening but has been the same in nearly every car I've ever owned. I don't have my 550 yet but my BMW X5 had the same issue.

It will stay in Comfort. I though it would also stay in Economy mode too. They don't let it stay in Sport or Sport+ because a little old lady might get in and plow into a wall.

It should also stick in Custom - how can we file a bug report or feature request with Lexus? This could easily be fixed by a software update.

Yeah I just realized this morning that comfort mode sticks after I tried it out on my drive home yesterday and didn't change it back to normal, and it was still active this morning.

GX550 Poll

• Eco

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Comfort

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Normal

Votes: 19 54.3%
  • Sport S

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Sport S+

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Custom (comment with settings)