Feels like I'm being strung along

Nickal

Apr 12, 2024
Cooper City
Now been 9 months since I put my deposit down. "My car" has allegedly been in Jacksonville since the last week in June and was I was told July 5th, than 12, than 15th than 21st, than 23, rd etc and now it's next week which I know will be the week after and after. If I have the vehicle VIN is there an online system I can use to find out if I'm being lied to and where my car is at? It cannot take a month or longer to ship the car or put one a trailer for transport yet that's what I keep being told. At this point I'm ready to begin looking at alternatives.

Sorry to have to say this, but don't trust what the dealer is telling you. I've found that they'll tell you anything to keep you on the hook. I put a $1000 deposit down at a dealer here in the greater Phoenix area and the salesman kept telling me, "You're next on the list for an Overtrail." It was very simple to watch their inventory rolling in the door with Overtrails coming in but I was told a few times that this particular Overtrail is already sold. The salesman didn't quite have anything to say when I asked how this one and that one are already sold when I'm next on the list.

I got on the wait lists at a few other dealerships and I lucked out in early July when one came available (someone backed out of a purchase). The original salesman that was lying to me called me the same day I picked up my Overtrail from the other dealership. I called him back the next day and told him I have my Overtrail, now kindly refund my deposit. He was not very happy.

Now been 9 months since I put my deposit down. "My car" has allegedly been in Jacksonville since the last week in June and was I was told July 5th, than 12, than 15th than 21st, than 23, rd etc and now it's next week which I know will be the week after and after. If I have the vehicle VIN is there an online system I can use to find out if I'm being lied to and where my car is at? It cannot take a month or longer to ship the car or put one a trailer for transport yet that's what I keep being told. At this point I'm ready to begin looking at alternatives.
I feel all of you guys not that this will ease your suffering but it probably has to due with the holds and the huge backlog I hope this will help a bit I’m on your side you will enjoy it I guaranteed

My salesman shot me straight from day 1. He told me that the QC hold screwed everything up. As they were coming off the boats, the earliest manufactured allocations went into the warehouses/storages first, then were blocked in by units manufactured later. They did all the port installs and fixed the moonroof drains. When the QC hold lifted, the ones at the front of the warehouse (which were built later) went out first.

So people with later builds were/are getting them before people who had earlier allocations/builds.

Obviously never took accounting courses that taught FIFO, lol

Sucks. I know the sales manager at location by my house. No deposit. Got moved up the list. Got the car July 5 after only 4 or 5 months on the list. It’s not what you know but who you know.

I had deposits at 3 dealerships for a while. I happened to reach out to a 4th via a friends advice and in 4 weeks had an allocation that will arrive in 8-10 weeks. The other 3 could never answer direct questions and I felt were just talking in circles to keep me on the hook. The 4th - where we are purchasing - has stayed in constant contact, was able to tell us how their waitlist worked, and has been more helpful and informative than the other 3 combined. All of the dealerships are 2+ hours from me, so regardless I have to travel. My advice is find someone with transparency or ask for your deposit back.

I had deposits at 3 dealerships for a while. I happened to reach out to a 4th via a friends advice and in 4 weeks had an allocation that will arrive in 8-10 weeks. The other 3 could never answer direct questions and I felt were just talking in circles to keep me on the hook. The 4th - where we are purchasing - has stayed in constant contact, was able to tell us how their waitlist worked, and has been more helpful and informative than the other 3 combined. All of the dealerships are 2+ hours from me, so regardless I have to travel. My advice is find someone with transparency or ask for your deposit back.
Mind sharing who the good dealer was? I am starting to feel like our Houston dealer is jerking us around.

Mind sharing who the good dealer was? I am starting to feel like our Houston dealer is jerking us around.
Who are you working with in Houston? We have a deposit at Westside.

Our 1st deposit was with Sterling-McCall Southwest Fwy, 2nd Baton Rouge, 3rd Bossier City. But the 'good dealer' has been Sterling-McCall Clear Lake and that is where we are buying from. The salesman we are working with is Danny Smith. They have been 10/10 so far in the process and very transparent about how their list works. Even though that seems obvious, the other dealerships were unable to explain their deposit 'list' process without talking in circles and seeming shady. Cell phone: 832.964.6100 or email [email protected].
Tell him Patrick and Brandi from LA gave you his info :LOL:

Last edited:

GX550 Poll

• Eco

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Comfort

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Normal

Votes: 19 54.3%
  • Sport S

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Sport S+