First Impressions

BakeShow

Apr 29, 2024
Media
Shreveport, LA
After a 3 hr drive home from Sewell Lexus in Dallas I’m happy report the GX was everything I hoped it would be. First off it rides like a truck. This doesn’t bother me one bit. If I could describe the gx in one word it feels stout. Even though you “feel” the bumps on the road there is no squeaking or rattles. Every truck I’ve owned (and I’ve owned all the major manufacturers)has had some squeaks or rattle when going over big bumps. And like anyone who has followed the forums, I was worried about vibration issues. I really made an effort to feel anything unusual and didn’t feel anything.
The hood definitely flutters. While it’s annoying it isn’t the end of the world for me.
But I will follow for any non invasive solutions to fix it. My allocation came with the cross bars and there is wind noise above 60mph. They will be coming off soon. Lots of bug splatters with the more upright windshield. I did opt for the windshield warranty. I seem to be a magnet for dings and cracks. Look forward to building this thing up.

Attachments

• IMG_8946.jpeg
    IMG_8946.jpeg
    332.8 KB · Views: 54
Congrats on the purchase! Earth was always my plan but ended up jumping on an Incognito/Black. I would have scolded the dealer for this tho👇🏼
View attachment 3299
oh it’s coming off. They snuck it on while I was doing paperwork and I needed to get back on the road. Plus I may or may not have got moved up on the list bc “I got a guy” that’s works for Sewell corporate and wouldn’t want to ruffle any feathers.

GX550 Poll

• 2 weeks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 - 2 months

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 3 - 5 months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More than 5 months

Votes: 6 75.0%
Back