Grew up around Chevy and Mopar cars

Lux+Caviar

Aug 25, 2024
Southern California
I am 55 years old and grew up around chevy and mopar cars. However, my first car was a 1985 Toyota Celica Supra. Realizing how dependable that car is, has pushed me to buy more Toyotas. I have owned three Toyota mini trucks a 2004 Toyota Sequoia limited that I still have with 128,000 miles with the original paint. My first Lexus was a 1999 LS 400 black on black. Loved it. I currently own a 2012 CT200h and 2009 IS250. My everyday driver is a 2024 GMC 2500HD Ultimate. The GX550 is a purchase for my wife. She wanted the Landcruiser, yet I easily convinced her that it is the Lexus GX550 that she would appreciate. I have always been into modest aftermarket equipment for my vehicles. My '04 Sequoia has a 2" lift, KYB struts and shocks, 17" XD Series wheels on 33" offroad tires. The sound system has Focal mids and highs with two 10" ARC subwoofers. I listen to mainly country music, and it is a clear sounding concert in this vehicle. My GMC 2500HD is on a 6.5" Coil over BDS suspension, Fox 2.5 adjustable shocks, 20" wheels on 38" Toyo Mud Terrains, rock lights, train horn, air compressor, Banks equipment pending, load bags, PPF front clip and ceramic coated. This GX550 is going in today to get the "paint correction" and the entire vehicle will get the Xpel Fusion PPF. I am wanting to put a suspension kit and 33" tires on this but not sure what kits are available. I am looking forward to hearing and seeing what others are doing on their GX550.

I am 55 years old and grew up around chevy and mopar cars. However, my first car was a 1985 Toyota Celica Supra. Realizing how dependable that car is, has pushed me to buy more Toyotas. I have owned three Toyota mini trucks a 2004 Toyota Sequoia limited that I still have with 128,000 miles with the original paint. My first Lexus was a 1999 LS 400 black on black. Loved it. I currently own a 2012 CT200h and 2009 IS250. My everyday driver is a 2024 GMC 2500HD Ultimate. The GX550 is a purchase for my wife. She wanted the Landcruiser, yet I easily convinced her that it is the Lexus GX550 that she would appreciate. I have always been into modest aftermarket equipment for my vehicles. My '04 Sequoia has a 2" lift, KYB struts and shocks, 17" XD Series wheels on 33" offroad tires. The sound system has Focal mids and highs with two 10" ARC subwoofers. I listen to mainly country music, and it is a clear sounding concert in this vehicle. My GMC 2500HD is on a 6.5" Coil over BDS suspension, Fox 2.5 adjustable shocks, 20" wheels on 38" Toyo Mud Terrains, rock lights, train horn, air compressor, Banks equipment pending, load bags, PPF front clip and ceramic coated. This GX550 is going in today to get the "paint correction" and the entire vehicle will get the Xpel Fusion PPF. I am wanting to put a suspension kit and 33" tires on this but not sure what kits are available. I am looking forward to hearing and seeing what others are doing on their GX550.
Welcome to the forum.

GX550 Poll

• Eco

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Comfort

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Normal

Votes: 19 54.3%
  • Sport S

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Sport S+

Votes: 2 5.7%