Interior damage

Mar 3, 2024
Media
Silverdale wa
Just completed a 1300 mile trip from Washington state to San Diego. I had a large cooler in the back and it rubbed against the back panel. I think I am screwed about trying to fix it.

I am looking for any ideas. I think a new panel is about $500 or so. Appreciate your thoughts/suggestions.

Picture attached.

Attachments

• IMG_1644.jpeg
    IMG_1644.jpeg
    446.6 KB · Views: 185
I try not to worry about the plastic interior panels in the cargo area. When I head to a job site or head off-road I fill the cargo area with all sorts of things like coolers, crates, tools, shovels, Pelican cases, etc. Stuff rocks back & forth and rubs on the panels. I thought about trying to find some kind of adhesive-backed mouse fur fabric roll to apply to the panels but I never got past the thought stage and damage already done.

Sorry to hear about this. If you are going to use the cooler again, I won't worry about it. Scuffs are sometimes like scars, they age with you and you will have memories of the trips and silly things you did in years to come. Otherwise leave a set of moving blankets inside for cushioning.

I am very OCD but I could live with that. It's going to happen and like it was said above "you got the first one out of the way". In a few days you wont even notice it.

Just completed a 1300 mile trip from Washington state to San Diego. I had a large cooler in the back and it rubbed against the back panel. I think I am screwed about trying to fix it.

I am looking for any ideas. I think a new panel is about $500 or so. Appreciate your thoughts/suggestions.

Picture attached.
Now it’s broken in, and anymore scratches will be “whatever”

Gotta agree with the others - stuff happens. Mine has 10K on it all while doing "GX stuff" - camping, traveling, hauling, etc., and it already has a few bruises. No biggie - they are meant to be used.

Agree with the others. I have a scar on the rear gate of my G550 that does drive me a little crazy, but isn't the end of the world. You can replace that interior piece anytime. Leave it for now...

My roll of adhesive-backed mouse fur arrived today. Will see if I can free up some play time tomorrow to play around with it.

GX550 Poll

• 2 weeks

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • 1 - 2 months

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • 3 - 5 months

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • More than 5 months

Votes: 19 63.3%
Back