LC roof rack on a GX OT+?

Dangler

Jun 12, 2024
Media
MT
It fits. Really well. Super easy install and great instructions. I would recommend this over the Lexus roof rack (noise, not very tight on the roof). I didn't want to wait and didn't need a full length rack either.

Full write up on Mud
IMG_4160.jpg

The GX550 and new Land Cruiser roof racks are completely interchangeable. I sold my GX550 stock roof rails and cross bars to a guy with a rackless LC.

Looks pretty good. Looks like you have the panoramic sun roof on an OT didn't know you could get that combination. Are those stock Lexus rock rails ?

It fits. Really well. Super easy install and great instructions. I would recommend this over the Lexus roof rack (noise, not very tight on the roof). I didn't want to wait and didn't need a full length rack either.

Full write up on Mud
View attachment 1826
Looks great!! Did you have to remove the 2 existing GX550 roof rails first ... or did the roof rack go on top/attach to the rails?

Looks great!! Did you have to remove the 2 existing GX550 roof rails first ... or did the roof rack go on top/attach to the rails?
Even if the OP did have to remove the original roof rails, it doesn't appear to be a difficult job. Take a look at the "Install Video" on the Prinsu Roof Rack page (the Prinsu requires removing the existing roof rails).

I am possibly considering this for my OT+. I have seen them online now for just over a grand. Saw a LC a few days ago with it and it looks really nice. Can you please send the install link on MUD? I could not find. I have some questions that that may answer, such as...What do you do about the front mounts being exposed after removing the GX OT front rail mounts? Would I have to buy Land Cruiser rain channel covers? How does Toyota deal with water intrusion? RTV silicone? Or rubber spacers? Both? Thanks!

I've been wanting to go this route with putting a LC rack on my GX however I was wondering: How does this fit on with the shark fin antenna at the back. Does the rack go over the antenna? If so, does that tamper with radio/XM/GPS services?

GX550 Poll

• Eco

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Comfort

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Normal

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Sport S

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Sport S+

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Custom (comment with settings)