Newbie.

robschafer

Jul 1, 2024
Dayton, OH
Requested (can't order) an overtrail+ in Nori Green from dealership back in April. Dealer has yet to get an "allocation ". Why can't we order a car from the factory, like I did with my 4Runner TRD Pro in '21?

Why can't we order a car from the factory, like I did with my 4Runner TRD Pro in '21?
You didn’t order one. They got an allocation that matched what you wanted, or they traded allocations with another dealer.

Toyota/Lexus schedule what they think people want and then allocate them to the dealers.

I’d expect OT+ in Nori Green to be pretty popular. Hopefully you get one soon, but I’d be prepared for it to potentially be a while.

Get on the list at multiple dealerships, that will increase your chances of getting an allocation or getting a call if anyone backs out of their allocation.

You didn’t order one. They got an allocation that matched what you wanted, or they traded allocations with another dealer.

Toyota/Lexus schedule what they think people want and then allocate them to the dealers.

I’d expect OT+ in Nori Green to be pretty popular. Hopefully you get one soon, but I’d be prepared for it to potentially be a while.
I know that. You didn't answer my question and the existing process is stupid because it doesn't match product production with customer desires/demand.

I know that. You didn't answer my question and the existing process is stupid because it doesn't match product production with customer desires/demand.
I think it's usually this way on a brand new model release. The number of units in each trim were picked by Toyota before dealerships could even choose their allocations. They were set based on factory limits.... the quality hold has slowed everything down and made the process a bit more frustrating. Once production issues are fixed and production catches up, you'll be able to order particular vehicles the way you want. I don't think this release has been anything too out of the ordinary except the temporary stop sale :(

I think it's usually this way on a brand new model release. The number of units in each trim were picked by Toyota before dealerships could even choose their allocations. They were set based on factory limits.... the quality hold has slowed everything down and made the process a bit more frustrating. Once production issues are fixed and production catches up, you'll be able to order particular vehicles the way you want. I don't think this release has been anything too out of the ordinary except the temporary stop sale :(
What "quality hold"? By the time I get a 24 the 25s will be out

What "quality hold"? By the time I get a 24 the 25s will be out

Latest Discussions

GX550 Poll

• 2 weeks

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • 1 - 2 months

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • 3 - 5 months

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • More than 5 months

Votes: 19 63.3%