Nori OT+ Saying Hello

Pottsy

Jun 9, 2024
Media
USA
Dropping my official hello post. Been lurking and casually starting to post, as I’ve poured over every word related to the GX 550 over the last few months. Super happy to finally have one in the garage as of today…brought home a Nori OT+ and I’m beyond stoked to call this car mine. I knew it was the next car I’d buy the moment I saw the first add over the holidays….was everything I was waiting for in my next ride. This girls gonna be with me for a good while.

Family day driving around tomorrow getting familiar with her, and then she gets her first coat of collinite to protect this gorgeous paint.

Appreciate everyone who contributes here…helped keet me sane during the excruciating wait. Here’s the best pic I got today.

IMG_0861.jpeg

Last edited:
From one new Nori OT+ to another, hello and welcome! Great choice!
My wife pushed me to the Nori from my original choice of Earth...and man I owe her many thanks. By far my favorite paint color on any car I have owned to date. I wish you much enjoyment with yours...may she treat you well.

My wife pushed me to the Nori from my original choice of Earth...and man I owe her many thanks. By far my favorite paint color on any car I have owned to date. I wish you much enjoyment with yours...may she treat you well.
Ok I’m just saying incognito plus is a better color just saying that should be a poll on what is the favorite color and thank you for the trophy

Ok I’m just saying incognito plus is a better color just saying that should be a poll on what is the favorite color and thank you for the trophy
The incognito is awesome also! They’re really is no “wrong” color on this beautiful truck!

Dropping my official hello post. Been lurking and casually starting to post, as I’ve poured over every word related to the GX 550 over the last few months. Super happy to finally have one in the garage as of today…brought home a Nori OT+ and I’m beyond stoked to call this car mine. I knew it was the next car I’d buy the moment I saw the first add over the holidays….was everything I was waiting for in my next ride. This girls gonna be with me for a good while.

Family day driving around tomorrow getting familiar with her, and then she gets her first coat of collinite to protect this gorgeous paint.

Appreciate everyone who contributes here…helped keet me sane during the excruciating wait. Here’s the best pic I got today.

View attachment 1929
Congrats & Beautiful shot of your new OT! would you care to give some insight on what the Collinite treatment is? I'd imagine it is some sort of clear coat applied or similar?

View attachment 1929
Congrats. That color was a front runner for us.

Congrats & Beautiful shot of your new OT! would you care to give some insight on what the Collinite treatment is? I'd imagine it is some sort of clear coat applied or similar?
Collinite 845 is a wax product that is pretty much revered/universally respected in the car detailing community. It doesn't leave a white residue, last's incredibly long, super easy to apply and leaves a beautiful wet/glossy finish. I have been using it exclusively on my cars for over a decade. It started out as an insulator treatment in electric applications but it has caranuba wax in it and they have since created a full automotive line. HIGHLY recommend all of their products.

And thanks all...super stoked about this ride. Definitely the nicest vehicle I have ever owned and I am in freaking love with it. No trip is long enough...I don't want to get out.

That Nori green looks sharp - did you go with the black or chateau interior? Curious how you like the interior.
I went with Chateau and I love it. The seats are super comfortable and I think the seat material looks a lot more upscale in person than it does in photos. I was really please when I finally got in it. I had never ever gotten to sit in one prior to my delivery day this past Friday, and the moment I saw it in person I knew there was no way I was leaving with out it. All in all the material feels and looks really nice. Absolutely love it.

Paid MSRP with a few port installed options I was well aware of and wanted anyway, and that was that. Highly recommend Cherry Hill Lexus in south jersey - there was absolutely no shenanigans and my sales person was perfect. I put a deposit down in April or May, told them it had to be an Earth or Nori OT+ with HUD and ML and they pulled it off. Done deal.

Pottsy—Awesome, thanks for your feedback. Were the rock rails one of your port installed options or do you have the standard running boards? The rock rails look great (and are on my build sheet) but I do wonder if they will be practical for entry/exit.

Man, so awesome! Congratulations.

Glad to hear you love it. This is the exact spec ours will be.

In fact, my dealer just emailed me tonight that it arrived at the dealership in Colorado.

We’ve waited so long I started to have doubts about getting it. Maybe wait a year or two…

But this has me excited.

Pic me dealer emailed:

image.jpeg

Pottsy—Awesome, thanks for your feedback. Were the rock rails one of your port installed options or do you have the standard running boards? The rock rails look great (and are on my build sheet) but I do wonder if they will be practical for entry/exit.

Nevermind...I now see in the picture that you have the running boards!

Yeah funny enough, I thought I wanted the rock rails and was considering looking for someone to swap with once I got it, but based on the off-roading/types of trails I will drive this on, they aren't necessary for me and the running boards are a much more functional step for getting in and out, especially for my wife and kids. I am glad I ended up with the just the running boards and will probably keep them forever unless an aftermarket rail comes out that I really like and has a more functional step than the Lexus version. The running boards also cover wheel to wheel which should help more with rock chips. I am sure you can find someone to swap though if you decide you'd prefer the running boards, or find take offs for cheap pretty soon.

Man, so awesome! Congratulations.

Glad to hear you love it. This is the exact spec ours will be.

In fact, my dealer just emailed me tonight that it arrived at the dealership in Colorado.

We’ve waited so long I started to have doubts about getting it. Maybe wait a year or two…

But this has me excited.

Pic me dealer emailed:

View attachment 2004
Man I can relate.... the wait was excruciating and I started talking myself out of it multiple times over the last few months. But once I saw it in person and drove it, I am so freaking in love with this thing there was no way I wasn't slapping down the cash. Stay the course, you're gonna freaking love it. The Nori is absolutely gorgeous in person and looks really awesome in different lighting - it's a really dynamic color and the Chateau interior is classy and cozy. Lexus really nailed this thing.

Man I can relate.... the wait was excruciating and I started talking myself out of it multiple times over the last few months. But once I saw it in person and drove it, I am so freaking in love with this thing there was no way I wasn't slapping down the cash. Stay the course, you're gonna freaking love it. The Nori is absolutely gorgeous in person and looks really awesome in different lighting - it's a really dynamic color and the Chateau interior is classy and cozy. Lexus really nailed this thing.
Thanks man - that's helpful. Serisouly, you have me more excited about it than any other review I've read.

I'm going to go see it for the first time time tomorrow or Friday if the dealer has it ready (I haven't even seen inside a GX yet!). I know if I bring my wife and daughters we're 100% coming home with it. lol.

GX550 Poll

• Eco

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Comfort

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Normal

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Sport S

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Sport S+

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Custom (comment with settings)