Parking Assist with Bike Rack

jreifler

Aug 2, 2024
Media
Memphis
Forgive what may be a ridiculous question, but is there a way to disable the rear parking assist / auto-brake when a hitch-mount bike rack is installed?

I drove with mine today and couldn’t get it to stop interfering in reverse. I had every driver assist option turned off, and also tried tow / haul mode. Interestingly, this didn’t happen with my trailer hooked up last weekend.

Surely, this can be disabled . . .

You can turn off the parking support brake with button to the left of the steering column. It has an icon of a car with a traffic cone behind it and a star above the cone.
Of course it’s that simple. Lol. Thank you !

Reactions: JPE
Forgive what may be a ridiculous question, but is there a way to disable the rear parking assist / auto-brake when a hitch-mount bike rack is installed?

I drove with mine today and couldn’t get it to stop interfering in reverse. I had every driver assist option turned off, and also tried tow / haul mode. Interestingly, this didn’t happen with my trailer hooked up last weekend.

Surely, this can be disabled . . .
i have the same problom, i already close everthing, still auto brake....

I had to turn off Obstacles Anticipation assist to turn off auto braking to hitch a trailer.
1725548230399.png

GX550 Poll

• Eco

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Comfort

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Normal

Votes: 19 54.3%
  • Sport S

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Sport S+

Votes: 2 5.7%