people who received delivery before qc holds

premplus

Jun 1, 2024
Ca
I was one of the "lucky" ones to receive the gx before any quality holds. I had some scratches on the hood but other than that didn't hear a peep from the dealership. I'm wondering if any one who received an earlier allocation and has checked with the dealer to see if any qc holds or repair issues apply to us? should we be checking in with lexus about the sunroof etc? I've washed my car, seems ok haha

I was one of the "lucky" ones to receive the gx before any quality holds. I had some scratches on the hood but other than that didn't hear a peep from the dealership. I'm wondering if any one who received an earlier allocation and has checked with the dealer to see if any qc holds or repair issues apply to us? should we be checking in with lexus about the sunroof etc? I've washed my car, seems ok haha
Same here, I’ve had no leaks and no scratches. Lots of rain and washes lol.

Delivered May 3rd, Premium Plus. My GPS does not accurately flip from day/night view and there is a narrow strip at the top of the screen that is not clear. The tech person at the dealership said it should be corrected on the next software update.
No leaks or issues with the paint (Caviar). Everything else seems to work just fine, I love the engine/transmission response it is very smooth. I had the oil changed at 1200 miles and will do it again at 6k as a precaution during the break-in period.

Delivered May 3rd, Premium Plus. My GPS does not accurately flip from day/night view and there is a narrow strip at the top of the screen that is not clear. The tech person at the dealership said it should be corrected on the next software update.
No leaks or issues with the paint (Caviar). Everything else seems to work just fine, I love the engine/transmission response it is very smooth. I had the oil changed at 1200 miles and will do it again at 6k as a precaution during the break-in period.
I plan on changing the oil at 1k too. Were they surprised you wanted to change the oil so soon?

I plan on changing the oil at 1k too. Were they surprised you wanted to change the oil so soon?
Not an issue in fact my service manager asked if I wanted to use my 10k complimentary service as a credit for the oil change. I said no since I will do another oil change at 5-6K miles. He is “old school”and understands my reasoning. Any engine builder knows the importance of changing the oil during the break-in period!
Good luck!

Same here, I got the second one my dealer sold before the holds. No issues at all, oil changed at 2k and will again at 5k just in case

GX550 Poll

• Eco

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Comfort

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Normal

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Sport S

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Sport S+

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Custom (comment with settings)