THIS or a Land Cruiser? 2024 Lexus GX550 Review

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 12, 2023
Media
FBG

2024 Lexus GX550 review by The Straight Pipes. The GX550 Overtrail plus is putting down 349 horsepower and 479 lb-ft of torque from a Twin Turbo 3.4L V6. At $102,250 CAD, would you take it over the Land Cruiser?

2024 Lexus GX550 review by The Straight Pipes. The GX550 Overtrail plus is putting down 349 horsepower and 479 lb-ft of torque from a Twin Turbo 3.4L V6. At $102,250 CAD, would you take it over the Land Cruiser?
Yes, yes I would. :). I'm taking a ~$73k Overtrail GX over a ~$70k Land Cruiser with the Premium Package even though the LC with Premium has a couple things that I really want - the digital rear view mirror and the memory seats. I can get the memory seats on the OT+, but I'm not gonna pay $8k more for the OT+ for the memory seats (and the kick sensor for the back hatch which I also really like). You can't even get the digital rear view mirror on the OT+.

But, to me, the V6 non-hybrid of the GX is much more appealing than the hybrid 4 cylinder of the LC, and the 10 speed transmission IMO also has advantages over the 8 speed transmission of the LC.

Although I like the LC body style better my incognito over trail plus with prinsu from /rigid 40”lightbar spot/flood the right choice when I get it back from ceramic coating rims, roof rack and body. I will post the light bar on at night.

Reactions: JPE
Yes, yes I would. :). I'm taking a ~$73k Overtrail GX over a ~$70k Land Cruiser with the Premium Package even though the LC with Premium has a couple things that I really want - the digital rear view mirror and the memory seats. I can get the memory seats on the OT+, but I'm not gonna pay $8k more for the OT+ for the memory seats (and the kick sensor for the back hatch which I also really like). You can't even get the digital rear view mirror on the OT+.

But, to me, the V6 non-hybrid of the GX is much more appealing than the hybrid 4 cylinder of the LC, and the 10 speed transmission IMO also has advantages over the 8 speed transmission of the LC.
I totally agree

Reactions: JPE

Latest Discussions

GX550 Poll

• 2 weeks

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • 1 - 2 months

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • 3 - 5 months

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • More than 5 months

Votes: 19 63.3%