Trim Level Questions: (Premium v Premium+)

deadlikeme

Jun 29, 2024
US
Finally got to get behind the wheel of the GX (Luxury) and equally important got the wife's endorsement to purchase. Her one requirement is a 360 camera for parking (and not in blue or black), which the Luxury trim has and is very nice.

The salesman who showed us the vehicle said all trims have the 360 camera. My read of the spec sheet shows the premium lacks the panorama view monitor. Is the panorama view monitor Lexus' version of the 360 camera? The premium+ has the panorama view monitor.

Assuming we need to go up to the premium+ trim, can anyone comment on if the coolbox is effective? I was on the fence about going for the premium+ because I really like the captains chair option and some of the other upgrades.

Last question, is it common for Lexus dealers to not have dealer added fees? We have been a Toyota family for awhile. The dealership we were at has only a $12.50 fee added on top of the MSRP. No dealer added options w/o prior approval or fees.

Is the panorama view monitor Lexus' version of the 360 camera? The premium+ has the panorama view monitor.
Yes. That salesperson was incorrect.

Re:Coolbox. I think you need OT/OT+ or Lux+ for the cool box. I enjoyed it in my LC200, 6-pack fit perfectly to keep cold on way home from the store. However it does have less space. My GX won’t have it. I think the OT+ is the best trim, but my better half insisted on the 3rd row.

You are right on the coolbox, I got confused looking at the Overtrail which I was considering but the 3rd row is a very wanted feature and while the vehicle will get lots of towing miles and time on dirt roads, I had an offroad pick up truck that was used once to its capability in 8 years.

You are right on the coolbox, I got confused looking at the Overtrail which I was considering but the 3rd row is a very wanted feature and while the vehicle will get lots of towing miles and time on dirt roads, I had an offroad pick up truck that was used once to its capability in 8 years.
Admittedly, we use the 3rd row and off road capability equally, once every couple years. Perhaps a Camry would be wiser for us, but the GX is beautiful!

Latest Discussions

GX550 Poll

• 2 weeks

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • 1 - 2 months

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • 3 - 5 months

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • More than 5 months

Votes: 19 63.3%
Back