1 month with Overtrail +

sel

Jul 5, 2024
Great ride, smooth transmission, but a few frustrations:

1. Passenger massage seat was not working. Fixed at dealer, but they said it was likely temporary, as they had dispute with Lexus corporate about source of problem. TBD.
2. Compass often inaccurate; not sure how to solve this issue. Doesn't move when I turn. At least it's right at 25% of the time.
3. MPG abysmal, less than advertised. Been driving combo highway and suburban in eco mode. With small gas tank, very annoying.
4. Hood 'flutters' at high speeds.

May trade for the hybrid when that arrives.

1. Passenger massage seat was not working. Fixed at dealer, but they said it was likely temporary, as they had dispute with Lexus corporate about source of problem. TBD.
2. Compass often inaccurate; not sure how to solve this issue. Doesn't move when I turn. At least it's right at 25% of the time.
3. MPG abysmal, less than advertised. Been driving combo highway and suburban in eco mode. With small gas tank, very annoying.

Thanks for your feedback what GXis it IMO I suggest you wait on hybrid ,some reasons even smaller gas tank, their going to change to solid state batteries try to give give some time just my view from experience

What MPG are you seeing?

My mileage is pretty bad too. I'm averaging 14.2 mpg over 1327 miles. I mainly drive around town, but I've done several 50+ mile highway trips as part of the total and my mileage doesn't seem improve much. I've been taking it pretty easy too, driving in comfort mode and not sport mode. I've seen 15 mpg indicated once after about 30 miles of easy highway cruising. I'm driving nearly 400 miles to San Diego in a few days and I'll reset the mpg gauge and we'll see what I get.

I've had to fill up 5 times to go those 1327 miles, which averages only 265 miles per tank of gas. Of course, the fuel gauge in this truck is ridiculously inaccurate and it tells you that you are about to run out of gas when you still have a good 3 gallons left, but I'm still only looking at 299.6 miles of range if used up every drop of the 21.1 gallon tank while averaging 14.2 mpg. Long Range America (a popular fuel tank manufacturer) needs to make a replacement tank! Even 25 gallons would be so much better.

My mileage is pretty bad too. I'm averaging 14.2 mpg over 1327 miles. I mainly drive around town, but I've done several 50+ mile highway trips as part of the total and my mileage doesn't seem improve much. I've been taking it pretty easy too, driving in comfort mode and not sport mode. I've seen 15 mpg indicated once after about 30 miles of easy highway cruising. I'm driving nearly 400 miles to San Diego in a few days and I'll reset the mpg gauge and we'll see what I get.

I've had to fill up 5 times to go those 1327 miles, which averages only 265 miles per tank of gas. Of course, the fuel gauge in this truck is ridiculously inaccurate and it tells you that you are about to run out of gas when you still have a good 3 gallons left, but I'm still only looking at 299.6 miles of range if used up every drop of the 21.1 gallon tank while averaging 14.2 mpg. Long Range America (a popular fuel tank manufacturer) needs to make a replacement tank! Even 25 gallons would be so much better.
That is pathetic mileage

I just got my 500 mile oil change in my overtrail + and I have been ave. 19.0 mpg. !50 miles hywy, the rest city. I am driving in normal mode with a very soft foot. I do mean very soft. I will not be able to do this much longer! Also break-in time for motor.

Thanks for your feedback what GXis it IMO I suggest you wait on hybrid ,some reasons even smaller gas tank, their going to change to solid state batteries try to give give some time just my view from experience
At 17 mpg est, why does full 21g tank indicate range of 265mi? That would suggest 12mpg. Sorry, am I missing something?

Just made 2200 mile trip 75 to 80 mph about 15 % local average 20.115 mpg truck has 3600 on it now and changed oil at 1220 miles? Ride better than expected! Wondering if she'll loosen up with more mile on? Also used old fashion method miles divided by gallons not through the gages which are not accurate!!

Last edited:
Lots of people with the LC hybrid complaining about real low 20’s with a 17 gallon tank. Not much difference in range. 21g*17mpg = 17g*21mpg

I'm guessing based on my 19 mpg avg that the system uses the (avg recorded mpg) * 16 gallons to get the number on the range meter at fill up. That then leaves you with 5 gallons (75-100 miles) once the fuel gas light turns on. Our 80 series with 25 gal tank has the fuel light come on with 5 gal left (50-60 miles) at 12 mpg loaded.

Last edited:

GX550 Poll

• 2 weeks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 - 2 months

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 3 - 5 months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More than 5 months

Votes: 6 75.0%
Back