2024 Lexus GX 550 OT+ Build

xonn

Sep 3, 2024
Media
Atlanta, GA
New GX550 OT+ with 1700ish miles on it. So far it's been great and a huge upgrade over the car it replaced.

Not planning to go too crazy with it since I like how it already sits from an exterior standpoint. Mods so far include:

Exterior and Interior:

Xpel PPF Wrap on Front Clip
Full Ceramic
35% Tint of Front Glass
Leather Shield Ceramic for Interior
Fake engine noise coded out (SOOOOOOO much better)

Performance:

JB4 Map 2

Initial Thoughts:

Getting rid of the augmented engine sound was a HUGE upgrade for me as far as interior comfort. For my ears, it drones especially in the Sport+ drive mode. Fortunately, it can be disabled at the dealership without impacting the noise cancelation.

The JB4 running on Map 2 really woke the GX up. Part throttle driving is vastly improved with acceleration feeling even more effortless than stock.
IMG_4446.JPG

New GX550 OT+ with 1700ish miles on it. So far it's been great and a huge upgrade over the car it replaced.

Not planning to go too crazy with it since I like how it already sits from an exterior standpoint. Mods so far include:

Exterior and Interior:

Xpel PPF Wrap on Front Clip
Full Ceramic
35% Tint of Front Glass
Leather Shield Ceramic for Interior
Fake engine noise coded out (SOOOOOOO much better)

Performance:

JB4 Map 2

Initial Thoughts:

Getting rid of the augmented engine sound was a HUGE upgrade for me as far as interior comfort. For my ears, it drones especially in the Sport+ drive mode. Fortunately, it can be disabled at the dealership without impacting the noise cancelation.

The JB4 running on Map 2 really woke the GX up. Part throttle driving is vastly improved with acceleration feeling even more effortless than stock.
View attachment 3137
Congrats and welcome to the forum.

Yea. Very interested in the tune. Didn’t even know they made a tune for this engine.
Yep they do. I’ve also been running their system on my Supra in tandem with an ECU tune for the past 4 years without issue.

It really does produce good results as long as you have enough octane. 93 octane is required / highly recommended for Map 2.

I haven’t dyno’d it but it does feel noticeably more responsive and quicker. Their claim of +75 hp is likely accurate.
How do you know it's not too much for the engine if you don't know the outputs/how much boost is running at each RPM at least? Can you pull that without a DYNO?

How do you know it's not too much for the engine if you don't know the outputs/how much boost is running at each RPM at least? Can you pull that without a DYNO?
Because I've reviewed the logs and also had the folks at Burger Tuning review them. On average it's 4 psi over stock depending on load.

JB4 allows you to log a number of parameters to assess how the engine is running.

Speaking of dynos. Does anyone have a stock dyno sheet for these cars? I wonder if the factory specs are underrated, overrated or inline with real world results. .

I imagine there's quite a bit of driveline loss with the GX. If a stock GX breaks 300 whp that'd be seriously impressive. I'd imagine it'll put down 280 - 290 whp assuming ~20% driveline loss. I'm sure someone will dyno one eventually. If there's ever an ECU tune available, you'll start seeing them on the dyno.

I imagine there's quite a bit of driveline loss with the GX. If a stock GX breaks 300 whp that'd be seriously impressive. I'd imagine it'll put down 280 - 290 whp assuming ~20% driveline loss. I'm sure someone will dyno one eventually. If there's ever an ECU tune available, you'll start seeing them on the dyno.
I believe there were some piggy back tunes people were using. Jb4 or something like that. There was no dyno info in that thread though.

GX550 Poll

• Eco

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Comfort

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Normal

Votes: 19 54.3%
  • Sport S

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Sport S+

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Custom (comment with settings)