550 got me.

jreifler

Aug 2, 2024
Media
Memphis
Long time 4Runner, 470 owner finally succumbed to new car-itis. Traded my overland 470 for the 550 and loving it. A few minor complaints, but on the whole a great truck so far. Loving all the modern tech.

IMG_3172.jpeg
IMG_3165.jpeg
IMG_3036.jpeg
IMG_9202.jpeg

Nice ride! I went from a 2013 GX 460 to the 550 OT, both in white and loving the 550 so far. Have you installed any lifts yet? If so which one and what do you think about it?
No lift. Wanted to keep this one pretty close to stock and preserve ride quality. I’m happy with the wheel and tire combo and don’t really need any more clearance, so I think I’ll leave it at this height. Westcott has what appears to be a pretty solid collar / lift kit for it though.

Congrats on the new GX! How's it tow compared to the old 470?
Night and day. 470 struggled with gearing and braking, and was never quite comfortable with the track car back there. 550 is a beast by comparison. Honestly can't even tell there's a substantial load back there while towing. I did get some pretty intense vibrations at some specific speeds, but I'm convinced that is down to trailer wheel imbalance, and somehow being transmitted to the chassis more noticeably than in the 470. I'll be inspecting that soon.

Attachments

• tempImagev6u1Nu.png
    tempImagev6u1Nu.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 54
you have a gx and a cayenne? Is it a his and hers setup? :) I had to get rid of my macan for the gx :(
This is the current flock (besides the new GX). The thought was I'd sell my Cayenne (the green one). But now thinking about keeping it for a daily. It's got almost 80k miles on it already and it gets pretty good gas mileage. My wife drives the grey one and loves it. So that's a keeper.

We've got a 6 yr old and 1 yr old so maybe I can delay the leaky juice boxes and crushed gold fish crackers in the GX a little longer. ha.

Attachments

• tempImageTzcxHX.png
    tempImageTzcxHX.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 61

GX550 Poll

• Eco

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Comfort

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Normal

Votes: 19 54.3%
  • Sport S