AC Pressure Noise GX550 OT+

Yes. I believe that it’s the seat AC. I never had ventilation on seats prior to this car so I wondered what that noise was as well. After turning off the seat AC the sound went away.

Hey, My OT has the exact same issue. Sounds like a compressor noise to me. It' happened like every 10s so I assume we're all facing the same issue. I sent my OT to dealer to have an inspection last week and they just told me it's normal and all GX they had have this sound. I doubt it but since I see you all have this issue... So it may tame times till Lexus know how to fix... I think this is related to the temperature as well. I first time noticed this sound in the last 2 week, when I'm in Texas, and recently, we got 100 degrees hot every day, and this sound is more noticeable than before. I really hope this sounds will disappear when the weather get cooler like under 85. But thanks guys it make me feel much better hearing I'm not

Yes. I believe that it’s the seat AC. I never had ventilation on seats prior to this car so I wondered what that noise was as well. After turning off the seat AC the sound went away.
100% it is the seat AC fan. Turn off the climate concierge and auto seat fan option.

This is a very easy thing to pinpoint. Start car, keep in park, turn off radio or any other sound. Turn the seat AC to level 3 and listen, then turn the seat AC off to see if sound stops. If sound stopped, then seat AC is what your hearing.

To stop on/off sound of seat AC, take it off the auto seat warm/cool function, as the seat AC will turn on and off as the car cools down from AC vents blowing from dash.

As someone had mentioned above it could be related to the cooling function of the seats. Based off the above listed post it sounds like a supply line may have disconnected from the seat bottom or seat back (similar to the problem with the massage function of the seats). Can those who are having the problem confirm that the seat bottoms and backs on both your front seats are cooling when that function is on? Just a thought
Well, I don't even realize this is an issue! I thought it only had seat bottom cooling, and my seat back was never cooling at all........

But I still can hear the noise even when I turn off the seat cooling. I'll keep looking for a solution.

Did some “testing,” seat cooling on or off, same noise exits. Switch to heat on vs AC, no noise. About 8-10 seconds between the hissing cycles. And yes, my hood flutters like crazy but I still love the GX!

I purchased a GX 550 Overtrail+ in the last couple days and immediately noticed the same "hissing" as everyone else. Has anyone been able to get a straight answer from Lexus? Do the Luxury or Premium trims also have this issue?

Last edited:
Just noticed MGM mentioned back in late July that it is a seat A/C line disconnecting and is a known problem by Lexus. It might be unique to the OT model as their supply lines may be different from those in the Luxury and Premium models due to how the vehicle A/C is sent to the rear of the vehicle.

Just noticed MGM mentioned back in late July that it is a seat A/C line disconnecting and is a known problem by Lexus. It might be unique to the OT model as their supply lines may be different from those in the Luxury and Premium models due to how the vehicle A/C is sent to the rear of the vehicle.
Do you have this fixed with your dealer? Could you also help to point out the link to the MGM comments? I want to send it to my dealer and let them to have a look again.

Mine is NOT the seat AC. It is the general AC. Also when I am in park the noise subsides - it is only when I am moving that it happens every 8-15 seconds.

Well, I don't even realize this is an issue! I thought it only had seat bottom cooling, and my seat back was never cooling at all........

But I still can hear the noise even when I turn off the seat cooling. I'll keep looking for a solution.
It is on page one of this post

I am seriously considering trading my OT+ in for a Luxury or Premium of this issue is not present on those models. Can anyone confirm?

The AC noise every 8-10 seconds is not related to seat cooling, does it when off, on or heat is selected. Once you hear it, you can’t unhear it………. Bright side, when the heat is on, the sound goes away, and winter is coming!!!!!!

GX550 Poll

• 2 weeks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 - 2 months

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 3 - 5 months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More than 5 months

Votes: 6 75.0%
Back