ARB Compressor

Has anyone purchased the ARP compressor - any likes/dislikes?
Highly recommend ARB!

Have one mounted under the hood in our wrangler and plumbed to rear with a quick connect. Works beautifully, airs up 33’s in about 1 min each from ~18psi at beach. Going on 4 years without issue.

Picked up the portable toolbox version to take between my power wagon and wife’s GX. Works exactly the same as and just as well besides having to connect to battery each time. Took a little longer to air 35’s to 55psi but still under 2 mins each. Definitely recommend an upgraded air chuck with digital guage built in though.

Would like to hear as well. Great question. When we bought our GX in July we asked and the dealer had not yet seen or heard of the option but they found it in the accessories guide. Think it was $1200 which is a bit of coin but a nice clean factory install location in the left rear factory cubby. Think som cutting of plastic was required to fit.

Highly recommend ARB!

Have one mounted under the hood in our wrangler and plumbed to rear with a quick connect. Works beautifully, airs up 33’s in about 1 min each from ~18psi at beach. Going on 4 years without issue.

Picked up the portable toolbox version to take between my power wagon and wife’s GX. Works exactly the same as and just as well besides having to connect to battery each time. Took a little longer to air 35’s to 55psi but still under 2 mins each. Definitely recommend an upgraded air chuck with digital guage built in though.
Thanks for the info - what was the model of the portable version you bought?

ARB makes great compressors. I had one with a rear locker in my 96 Land Rover Discovery ages ago. I’ve been looking at areas to possibly moun one under the hood in the GX. I’d probably just go with a single compressor but the dual ones are really nice. My 35” tires only go up to 35 psi and I was never one to drop pressure below about 20 psi so the single should be fine for my needs.

Thanks for the info - what was the model of the portable version you bought?
Amazon Links for all:

Portable:
ARB CKMP12 Portable Air Compressor 12V High Performance and Output Compressor

and onboard air for JKU:
ARB CKMA12 On-Board Air Compressor High Performance 12 Volt for Air Locker Differentials and Tire Inflation

and the air chuck with digital guage (fits in "toolbox" of portable version above:
AZUNO Digital Tire Inflator with Pressure Gauge, 200 PSI, Heavy Duty Air Compressor Accessories, w/Rubber Hose Lock on Air Chuck and Quick Connect Coupler

on the Lexus site they offer the portable version of the ARB "twin" for $1100 ($895 on Amazon) and I'm here to tell as an avid offroader and someone who has been airing down to drive on the beach at OBX you don't need the twin with a reservoir to air up 33/35 inch tires. Now if you're going to be the first to fit 37's or 40's on your GX and plan to air up a long line of folks at the trail/beach, then maybe. Regardless buy from Amazon vs donating the upcharge for the same product at the dealership.

Last edited:
Amazon Links for all:

Portable:
ARB CKMP12 Portable Air Compressor 12V High Performance and Output Compressor

and onboard air for JKU:
ARB CKMA12 On-Board Air Compressor High Performance 12 Volt for Air Locker Differentials and Tire Inflation

and the air chuck with digital guage (fits in "toolbox" of portable version above:
AZUNO Digital Tire Inflator with Pressure Gauge, 200 PSI, Heavy Duty Air Compressor Accessories, w/Rubber Hose Lock on Air Chuck and Quick Connect Coupler

on the Lexus site they offer the portable version of the ARB "twin" for $1100 ($895 on Amazon) and I'm here to tell as an avid offroader and someone who has been airing down to drive on the beach at OBX you don't need the twin with a reservoir to air up 33/35 inch tires. Now if you're going to be the first to fit 37's or 40's on your GX and plan to air up a long line of folks at the trail/beach, then maybe. Regardless buy from Amazon vs donating the upcharge for the same product at the dealership.
This is fantastic information! Agree on the tank model - it just looked overkill to me for something I’ll probably use a few times a year - and do not need to bring air tools to rebuild the car with me.

Thanks Again!

GX550 Poll

• 2 weeks

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • 1 - 2 months

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • 3 - 5 months

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • More than 5 months

Votes: 19 63.3%
Back