Beware of Overtrail Wheel Coating

gvan1998

May 24, 2024
Media
MD
I had a little scuff on my Overtrail wheel and used a scratch remover compound. I noticed that the Overtrail wheels have a matte finish textured paint from the factory. When I applied the scratch remover, it removed the textured finish and made the finish very shiny and made it smooth, no more textured finish. I didnt know that textured finish will rub off that easily. Warning to people, be careful when washing or applying any wheel cleaner solution on the wheel. You have been warned.

I had a little scuff on my Overtrail wheel and used a scratch remover compound. I noticed that the Overtrail wheels have a matte finish textured paint from the factory. When I applied the scratch remover, it removed the textured finish and made the finish very shiny and made it smooth, no more textured finish. I didnt know that textured finish will rub off that easily. Warning to people, be careful when washing or applying any wheel cleaner solution on the wheel. You have been warned.
do you have a picture of how it looks now.

was this your subconscious way of trying to get new wheels?

I feel your pain! While I admire the overall fit and finish of the vehicle, I agree that some areas require special attention and extra care when cleaning. In addition to the wheels, the shiny black plastic cowling below the windshield is an area of concern. With all the abrasive dirt that collects there it is extremely vulnerable to scratches. Also the tailgate area plastic trim above the light bar is also prone to scratches. We just all need to be mindful of this when washing the vehicle. Next time you are in a brightly lit garage you will see what I mean.

GX550 Poll

• 2 weeks

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • 1 - 2 months

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • 3 - 5 months

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • More than 5 months

Votes: 19 63.3%
Back