Black front Emblem

Certainly does, I have a black GX 550 OT (Aus) on order and I wanted to black out all the emblems as well, just concerned with impacting the front radar.
I have no issues with the radar. I’ve been running with the decal a couple of weeks after I got the truck. So about 1.5 months now. I was going back and forth on it previously but I like it now.

But I would recommend getting the matte background and gloss letters. Or else there will not be enough contrast if you do all matte/all gloss.

Attachments

• IMG_0085.jpeg
    IMG_0085.jpeg
    247.9 KB · Views: 20
But I would recommend getting the matte background and gloss letters. Or else there will not be enough contrast if you do all matte/all gloss.
You are correct sir!

I just received my black matte on matte front emblem overlay sticker from Upturn Prints and it's just a black oval. If you turn it right you can make out the Lexus logo but upon a casual glance it's just a black oval.

I'm going to contact them to see if I can exchange for gloss logo on matte background.

IMG_1373.JPG

IMG_1374.JPG

I ordered the Lamin-x in 'smoke' tint. At first it looked VERY dark, but after install it is perfect. I did the wet install and to me was easier - just popped on.

My phone reflected when I took the picture - but very happy with the results. Color/tint is ideal on my Atomic Silver

Attachments

• tempImagelMUx8r.png
    tempImagelMUx8r.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
You are correct sir!

I just received my black matte on matte front emblem overlay sticker from Upturn Prints and it's just a black oval. If you turn it right you can make out the Lexus logo but upon a casual glance it's just a black oval.

I'm going to contact them to see if I can exchange for gloss logo on matte background.

View attachment 4365

View attachment 4366
Yea. I actually did the same thing as you. Then I found some additional images and saw that the Matt gloss combo is what I really wanted. So far it’s worked out well. We’ll see how it stands up to the element/sun/wash. Maybe I’ll even apply some ceramic coating to it. Hah.

Yea. I actually did the same thing as you. Then I found some additional images and saw that the Matt gloss combo is what I really wanted. So far it’s worked out well. We’ll see how it stands up to the element/sun/wash. Maybe I’ll even apply some ceramic coating to it. Hah.
Did you just eat the 25 bucks or exchange it?

I ordered the Lamin-x in 'smoke' tint. At first it looked VERY dark, but after install it is perfect. I did the wet install and to me was easier - just popped on.

Note that you can see me in the reflection - so no imperfections.
I like this too. I personally just didn’t want any “chrome” on the front or anywhere on the car (I am debating on powder coating my rims).
Did you just eat the 25 bucks or exchange it?
I caught them in time before they shipped out. I ordered. About 3 days later I changed my mind and I thought they had shipped out already but they did not. So it was no extra charge. I think they should be able to send your one without extra charge as it was an honest mistake. Also their website doesn’t do a great job depicting all the different styles.

No. It’s basically a wrap/decal that goes over the front emblem. It’s held up good so far but we’ll see over long term. Here’s a post I had about it in the photos thread:

I bought it from an Etsy seller. It was precut, but honestly it was a pain to line up. It took quite a few attempts to line up because the decal didn’t have much extra material and if you did it wrong you would not be able to tuck in the extra lip material for a decent finished look.

www.etsy.com

2024 Lexus GX550 Front Stealth Vinyl Emblem Overlay Decal Wrap - Etsy

This Stickers item by UpturnPrints has 6 favorites from Etsy shoppers. Ships from South El Monte, CA. Listed on Sep 2, 2024
www.etsy.com
www.etsy.com

I like it so far and I think I’ll keep it around. Also gives it a nice stealth look which I want.
Took a chance and ordered the matte/gloss version. We’ll see how it turns out.

My phone reflected when I took the picture - but very happy with the results. Color/tint is ideal on my Atomic Silver
Nice!đź‘Ť

Back