Bought a GX550 Luxury Edition

FWF

Aug 22, 2024
Lloydminster Alberta
Howdy, I'm approaching retirement and bought a GX550 Luxury Edition...in Canada it would be called an Executive. Eminent White Pearl. My wife currently owns a 2017 Lexus GS350 AWD (same color). This is our 4th Lexus (2 GS350's, 1 RX350) but we've had 7 4Runners, 3 Camry's, 1 Tundra, 1 Tacoma and a Corolla Liftback what seems like about 100 years ago, so we are part of the Toyota/Lexus family. Lexus put the 3M protecton on the GX however still has 2 small dents on the front of the hood. Didn't even hear them hit. I've had 3M on all my vehicles and it works real well until now. Is it a thinner 3m or is it because the hood seems like its very light/thin metal? Also got a chip on one of the rims already. This is from highway driving as we haven't been on gravel/grid yet. It's always disappointing getting the first ones. Overall, I'm happy with the GX. The plus side includes...lots of power, great looks, good sound system, comfortable seats, like the massage feature, and it get lots of compliments. On the negative side...should have a more upscale interior, too much plastic, not enough leather, small gas tank, and the very annoying back up brake feature when towing my boat. The first time I backed the boat into the water it automatically hit the brakes 5 times. The second time I put it in the water I had it in tow mode with all the driver assist aids turned off...it still did it a few times and still does it. Any solutions? Also, I would hate to put a bug/rock deflector on the front hood but might be forced to. Glad to be part of the GX550 Club. Cheers!

Howdy, I'm approaching retirement and bought a GX550 Luxury Edition...in Canada it would be called an Executive. Eminent White Pearl. My wife currently owns a 2017 Lexus GS350 AWD (same color). This is our 4th Lexus (2 GS350's, 1 RX350) but we've had 7 4Runners, 3 Camry's, 1 Tundra, 1 Tacoma and a Corolla Liftback what seems like about 100 years ago, so we are part of the Toyota/Lexus family. Lexus put the 3M protecton on the GX however still has 2 small dents on the front of the hood. Didn't even hear them hit. I've had 3M on all my vehicles and it works real well until now. Is it a thinner 3m or is it because the hood seems like its very light/thin metal? Also got a chip on one of the rims already. This is from highway driving as we haven't been on gravel/grid yet. It's always disappointing getting the first ones. Overall, I'm happy with the GX. The plus side includes...lots of power, great looks, good sound system, comfortable seats, like the massage feature, and it get lots of compliments. On the negative side...should have a more upscale interior, too much plastic, not enough leather, small gas tank, and the very annoying back up brake feature when towing my boat. The first time I backed the boat into the water it automatically hit the brakes 5 times. The second time I put it in the water I had it in tow mode with all the driver assist aids turned off...it still did it a few times and still does it. Any solutions? Also, I would hate to put a bug/rock deflector on the front hood but might be forced to. Glad to be part of the GX550 Club. Cheers!
Congrats and welcome to the forum.

GX550 Poll

• 2 weeks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 - 2 months

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 3 - 5 months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More than 5 months

Votes: 6 75.0%
Back