Bought mine today!!

I am not noticing any wind noise from the roof rack. I love the ride. Traded a BMW x 7 and there is no comparison. The drive and quietness are far superior.
Wow, I would not expect it to be that much of a difference over a BMW X7!

I'm glad to hear that! Any features you miss from the X7?
Not really. However, I tend to prefer the BMW I-drive operating system over most other makers. I was surprised how pleased I was with the Mark Levinson sound system. I saw a review or two that did not think it very good, but I believe it sounds very good.

Picking-up my Caviar Premium Plus tonight. After seeing the color that has the blackout emblems not sure if I like the white metallic better. I gave my salesman the option of of white or black and this is what I ended up with. I'm sure when I see it nice and clean I'll be very happy... So here it is going thru the prep new care process at the dealer.
CB5836140B92D530.jpg

I am not noticing any wind noise from the roof rack. I love the ride. Traded a BMW x 7 and there is no comparison. The drive and quietness are far superior.
Seriously? It rode smoother and quieter than an X7?

That is pretty high praise if true.

Overtrail.+ Caviar, Chateu with olive and black trim. Options— ML sound, heads up display, cool box, door edge, digital key, traffic jam thingie.

Did 2 hour drive home from Tustin Lexus to San Diego. Tons of power, love Sport+ mode. Super quiet ride and love the electronics and rider aids. Had to pay $15k over MSRP— still fortunate to get it.

I am sure you are loving every minute of driving this amazing vehicle.

That is really interesting about the X7 - what year was yours and what was the original motivation to trade it in for a GX? Curious as we have an X5 -50e, pretty nice vehicle although I think the Infotainment is buggier than heck.

@Ben O and @skicar, how is storage, especially if you have the cool box? I'm talking about things like sunglasses and other small things that you may need to have handy while driving. Enjoy this beast!

@Ben O and @skicar, how is storage, especially if you have the cool box? I'm talking about things like sunglasses and other small things that you may need to have handy while driving. Enjoy this beast!
I do not have the cool box. The new compartment is smaller than previous model GX’s and the small tray is no longer available inside the compartment. The sunglass holder on previous models attached to the rear view mirror is not on my model. Above the glove box is a narrow space that’s been added to the dash that is very convenient. Overall a bit less space especially if you add the cool box.

That is really interesting about the X7 - what year was yours and what was the original motivation to trade it in for a GX? Curious as we have an X5 -50e, pretty nice vehicle although I think the Infotainment is buggier than heck.
We also have an X50e and love it. No issues with the info system I believe we’ve had one or two updates since purchasing August of last year. We did have an issue with the battery cooling system failing and had it repaired… no issues since. Kind of “best of both worlds” with the addition of the GX Premium Plus!

I do not have the cool box. The new compartment is smaller than previous model GX’s and the small tray is no longer available inside the compartment. The sunglass holder on previous models attached to the rear view mirror is not on my model. Above the glove box is a narrow space that’s been added to the dash that is very convenient. Overall a bit less space especially if you add the cool box.

Thank you! Yeah, this is going to be challenging with the cool box. It is probably too early to ask but how the MPG is. My main concern is the range; we all know the MPG isn't great but I was wondering if the 15/21 is true to the real world or it is more of 13 or so in the city.

We also have an X50e and love it. No issues with the info system I believe we’ve had one or two updates since purchasing August of last year. We did have an issue with the battery cooling system failing and had it repaired… no issues since. Kind of “best of both worlds” with the addition of the GX Premium Plus!
Have also had a few updates... seems like CarPlay gives it fits. Other than that it's been great. Thinking the GX has more cargo space? I'm looking at the OT+ edition as this would replace my Raptor.

Thank you! Yeah, this is going to be challenging with the cool box. It is probably too early to ask but how the MPG is. My main concern is the range; we all know the MPG isn't great but I was wondering if the 15/21 is true to the real world or it is more of 13 or so in the city.
Sorry I have not paid attention to my MPG since I’ve run Sport mode and Normal at different times. I put 125 miles on it my first full day of ownership and would guess 17-20 MPG. A nice addition to the new GX is the three driving modes. I’m sure mileage improves under the Eco setting. The throttle response is so much quicker than than the “460 “ so either you enjoy “gunning it” or you are lighter on the peddle. My wife hated driving our 460 it was a slug compared to her X5 50e. The 550 is a whole other story… this model has torque and is much more responsive especially mated to the 10 speed transmission.

Have also had a few updates... seems like CarPlay gives it fits. Other than that it's been great. Thinking the GX has more cargo space? I'm looking at the OT+ edition as this would replace my Raptor.
Wow tough to compare a Raptor to any other truck or SUV on the market. While I was picking up my Premium + there was O/T Incognito waiting to be picked up… it caught my eye! Great looking SUV, I’m sure you will love it!

I too am trading in an x7 40i. Hard to believe the GX500 would ride better since the x7 has air suspension and quieter since the x7 has acoustic glass. Guess I will need to see for myself when my allocated OT+ arrives in June. Appreciate the feedback.

Back