Charlotte - GX550 Lux + Nightfall Mica

H1119

Jul 16, 2024
Media
Charlotte
From the Charlotte area and taking procession of GX550 Lux + Nightfall Mica sometime this week or next.

It has several of FIO and PIO options installed which can't be removed no matter where the vehicle is in the process of deliver (per dealer). Majority are small dollars relative to the overall price so not a huge deal (and most I wanted anyway). It has the OEM roof rack on top which I did not really want as I'm afraid it will block too much of the panoramic roof but we shall see. I may end up taking it off and storing until/if I need it. It seems like others on here had said they were able to remove PIO options but apparently its not possible per Lexus.

From the Charlotte area and taking procession of GX550 Lux + Nightfall Mica sometime this week or next.

It has several of FIO and PIO options installed which can't be removed no matter where the vehicle is in the process of deliver (per dealer). Majority are small dollars relative to the overall price so not a huge deal (and most I wanted anyway). It has the OEM roof rack on top which I did not really want as I'm afraid it will block too much of the panoramic roof but we shall see. I may end up taking it off and storing until/if I need it. It seems like others on here had said they were able to remove PIO options but apparently its not possible per Lexus.
Welcome to the forum.

dealer is not being honest.. it can be removed from the invoice before it is processed thru the port. My first dealer said NO could not be done. the dealer I eventually purchased from removed the roof rack before port installed it.

FIND A NEW DEALER> work with them on vehicle status.. UNDERSTAND the process. if dealer is recalcitrant .. find a new one. Some are sill adding market adjustments.. some are still marking up government processing fees. FIND A NEW DEALER and never forget the ones that are taking advantage of buyers.

Yes business is tough.. first gx on QC hold.. now tx on qc hold (and will be for months) but msrp on these vehicles gives them a HUGE PROFIT. funny how covid lockdown by the government and supply chain disruption changed the car buyer from how much under msrp or above invoce.. to feeling LUCKY to buy at msrp. This too will change. the pendulum is swinging..

Toyota needs to communicate better.. the qc holds, the engine replacements... the above msrp add ons... the port add ons... why every vehicle is getting heads up at the factory but not included msrp... why cross traffic and digital key are addons even though they require subscriptions. Remember the day you had to pay for a satellite radio add on? that is now long gone and built into msrp..

there are alot of 85k$ gx550 at dealers for immediate delivery.. the early buyers demand has been saturated.. cheaper versions will be coming.. (without all the add ons and dealers becoming unable to add on a third layer as well as market adjustments)

NEVER FORGET.. (gm learned decades ago that happy people tell 2 others... unhappy people tell 16) Lexus is on a roll.. at the moment.. but 85k + + + + for a 70k MSRP car doesn't sit well with most customers..

YMMV

Latest Discussions

GX550 Poll

• 2 weeks

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • 1 - 2 months

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • 3 - 5 months

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • More than 5 months

Votes: 13 72.2%
Back