Does Toyota Dealer service Lexus?

If I buy a GX550, which I'm thinking is a good possibility, my nearest Lexus dealer is 2 hours away.
I had my first oil change done at a Toyota dealership. Absolutely no problem. Obviously I had to pay for it as they do not honor the Lexus free changes. I was told they do not do warranty work. And to be honest, I wouldn’t want them to do any other work anyway. Simple maintenance not a problem.

Too bad. But not surprised. Was leaning heavily towards the 6 cyl and more cargo space in the GX550 vs Land Cruiser. Was shopping for an Overtrail and must admit I like the dash shelf on the passenger side which the LC doesn't have. If it weren't for the vibration and brake issues still being worked out, the 2 hour distance wouldn't seem so troublesome. Thinking it over.....

Too bad. But not surprised. Was leaning heavily towards the 6 cyl and more cargo space in the GX550 vs Land Cruiser. Was shopping for an Overtrail and must admit I like the dash shelf on the passenger side which the LC doesn't have. If it weren't for the vibration and brake issues still being worked out, the 2 hour distance wouldn't seem so troublesome. Thinking it over.....
I love my OT+ so far but understand the distance dilemma. The closest Lexus dealer to me is only 45 mins away. The Toyota dealership 15 mins. Btw, I’m not worried in the least about those issues. Toyota/Lexus will find a fix and correct it. Plus you have the longer warranty with the Lexus which you might want to consider. Good luck deciding!

Not all GX’s have vibration issues. Mine is smooth as butter. Best thing to do is test drive before signing, so you can know if you won the vibration unit lotto

Ask the Lexus dealer that's two hours away. Some (most?) do a valet pickup/drop off for service. They'll come out to your house, pickup your Lexus, drop off a loaner, and when the service is done they'll drive your vehicle back to you and pickup the loaner.

When I talked to my local dealer that's 45 minutes away I asked if they would do that since I live relatively far from the dealership. My saleswoman told me they do regular valet service for a customer that is 2 hours away, so my 45 minutes is no problem.

Last edited:
I mean 90% of service is changing fluids and visual inspections.

Any wrench monkey can do that and you will even keep your warranty.

If I buy a GX550, which I'm thinking is a good possibility, my nearest Lexus dealer is 2 hours away.
Great question. I’m in the same situation with the closest Lexus dealer 3 hours away. I love our Toyota dealer 10 min away and wish I loved the new LC as much as the GX… it would make life so much easier, but it is what it is! I am going to ask the Lexus dealer I end up buying from (on lists with 2 & both are 3 hours away just different states) if they will cover my basic maintenance/fluid changes at our Toyota… I have no idea how much push back they’ll give, but it’s worth negotiating. I would be willing to drive to Lexus for warranty work, but not maintenance. If you find out more or get any solutions from Lexus please share on here. I’ll do the same.

GX550 Poll

• 2 weeks

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • 1 - 2 months

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • 3 - 5 months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More than 5 months

Votes: 9 69.2%
Back