Dreaded "Toyota Lean?"

wait so toyota has shims for it already to do a quick fix? Im just going to do the lift. Im hoping it fixes a little enough to not care.
They're not specific to Toyota. But yes, there are lots of off-the-shelf shim products available in different sizes.

Final update on my case:

Picked up the truck with shims installed yesterday. Not ideal, but good enough. Out of sight, out of mind, I guess.

Here's an interesting bit of data from the lead tech measuring every new OT that comes into the dealership. While none of them have had a visible lean, they are all exhibiting differences in ride height within Toyota's published spec.

Attachments

• IMG_3419.jpeg
    IMG_3419.jpeg
    125.8 KB · Views: 70
Final update on my case:

Picked up the truck with shims installed yesterday. Not ideal, but good enough. Out of sight, out of mind, I guess.

Here's an interesting bit of data from the lead tech measuring every new OT that comes into the dealership. While none of them have had a visible lean, they are all exhibiting differences in ride height within Toyota's published spec.
yea its just some has more noticeable lean especially if its more than half an inch. take a picture of your car now. do a before and after.

So, my one substantive complaint on new-to-me 550 is this . . .

View attachment 2232

That happened after my first fill up last week. It's a good 1.5" lower on that side in the rear. I didn't notice any adverse handling or anything, but it's definitely leaning.

I opened a ticket with the dealer. They said they hadn't seen it on any others, but have only sold a handful here in Memphis.

Any thoughts or experience from the group ? I find it hard to believe that they wouldn't properly engineer a progressive spring rating on that corner if this was a known thing.
So just took delivery on my OT+ this Weds and I literally have the same issue. Excessive leaning on passenger side. only 60 miles on the ODO as well... will it be because of KDSS related issue??

Just so you know this isn’t a thing.There is no way you can tell 1/2” difference between an 8’ wide car. If it is more than that Lexus will fix it, but really it is almost always non level surface, either you taking the picture or the surface the car is parked on.

I parked on the slightest slanted pavement today picking up a coffee and my GX OT was leaning pretty noticeably to the passenger side. 🤨

here is no way you can tell 1/2” difference between an 8’ wide car. If it is more than that Lexus will fix it, but really it is almost always non level surface, either you taking the picture or the surface the car is parked on.
I parked on the slightest slanted pavement today picking up a coffee and my GX OT was leaning pretty noticeably to the passenger side. 🤨
Yeah I parked it in my garage measured it driver size is 3/4"+ higher on driver side.

I have been reading your posts and, not to be an expert at all, those of you who are going to be shimming to level remember that the off level could be the front spring not the back one which would lower the back elevation on the opposite side.:)

I have been reading your posts and, not to be an expert at all, those of you who are going to be shimming to level remember that the off level could be the front spring not the back one which would lower the back elevation on the opposite side.:)
Yeah what’s what I’ve been reading about too. But until Lexus says it’s an issue with the front spring like the last generation, what can we do

GX550 Poll

• Eco

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Comfort

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Normal

Votes: 19 54.3%
  • Sport S

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Sport S+

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Custom (comment with settings)