Few questions?

I just talked with Weathertech on the phone. Customer Service confirmed that this mat (#401775) fits the back cargo area of a 6 or 7 passenger Gx550 when the 3rd row is folded down.

They do offer a 30-day money back return if for some reason you are not happy with this mat.

Was the dealer ordering you a all weather cargo mat or just floor mat? I reached out to my sales guy this morning to ask if they offered a all weather mat to cover the 3rd row seats while down.

It would be ideal if there was an attachable protection mat that would stay on the back of the 3rd row seat even when you raise them up instead of having to remove when I want to use the 3rd row. Maybe there is something like this out there and just need to do some research.
There’s a company “Mabett” that I think offers solutions like this for Broncos and Jeeps and they’re findable on Amazon. Think they’re durable plastic with Velcro for attaching to the fabric seat backs. It’s only a matter of time for that kind of solution to be offered by a third party. Weathertech might offer an option too.

There’s a company “Mabett” that I think offers solutions like this for Broncos and Jeeps and they’re findable on Amazon. Think they’re durable plastic with Velcro for attaching to the fabric seat backs. It’s only a matter of time for that kind of solution to be offered by a third party. Weathertech might offer an option too.
Thank you! Will check that out

Reporting back on the cool box usage.. I had it on for several hours and was happy with the temperature of the drinks. I had 4-5 small bottles of water and 2 canned beverages.

The only thing I noticed was some water at the bottom of the cool box after but it was very little. Overall, a nice feature to have on road trips but probably won’t use it very often

Reporting back on the cool box usage.. I had it on for several hours and was happy with the temperature of the drinks. I had 4-5 small bottles of water and 2 canned beverages.

The only thing I noticed was some water at the bottom of the cool box after but it was very little. Overall, a nice feature to have on road trips but probably won’t use it very often
I agree totally

Coming from a 4runner, I am finding myself desperate for storage areas in this GX. My OT+ has the cool box too, and I didn't really want it because I would rather have more storage. I wonder if there is a way to swap it out with another GX that has the regular storage compartment? I bet the non cool box trucks have the wire harness for it in there.

I am also thinking that there must be space under that middle console...it is so much higher than my 4runner's. I have not ventured into disassembling that yet, but I did pull off the rear cup holders in the cargo area...so in the OT and OT+, you can pop off the third row cup holders and see inside that there is a significant amount of space back there. A few notes:
  • Less room on driver side above the wheel well due to the gas tank fill being there.
  • On driver side aft of the wheel well, there is a lot of space BEHIND the storage box that Lexus installed.
  • On passenger side, there is more room above and aft of the wheel well, and there is a grille there which seems to serve no purpose. I actually assumed it was a subwoofer. It's not. Maybe for some sort of air flow in/out of the vehicle?
Here are some pics:

Attachments

• IMG_6483.jpg
    IMG_6483.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_6484.jpg
    IMG_6484.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_6485.jpg
    IMG_6485.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_6486.jpg
    IMG_6486.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_6487.jpg
    IMG_6487.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_6490.jpg
    IMG_6490.jpg
    215.7 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_6491.jpg
    IMG_6491.jpg
    247.6 KB · Views: 46
Here are a few things I've bought so far. For now, I'm keeping a basic tire inflator in the side storage compartment in the back. I'll likely get a recovery bag with a strap, shackles, air down kit, etc. Not sure yet if I'll mount recovery boards on the roof or take them inside.

Sunglasses clips Amazon.com

Jacket hooks Amazon.com

Seat gap filler/storage Amazon.com

OT all weather cargo mat Amazon.com

Travel trailer back up camera display (already have the camera) Amazon.com

Screen cloth Amazon.com

Short lightning/watch cable Amazon.com

Coming from a 4runner, I am finding myself desperate for storage areas in this GX. My OT+ has the cool box too, and I didn't really want it because I would rather have more storage. I wonder if there is a way to swap it out with another GX that has the regular storage compartment? I bet the non cool box trucks have the wire harness for it in there.

I am also thinking that there must be space under that middle console...it is so much higher than my 4runner's. I have not ventured into disassembling that yet, but I did pull off the rear cup holders in the cargo area...so in the OT and OT+, you can pop off the third row cup holders and see inside that there is a significant amount of space back there. A few notes:
  • Less room on driver side above the wheel well due to the gas tank fill being there.
  • On driver side aft of the wheel well, there is a lot of space BEHIND the storage box that Lexus installed.
  • On passenger side, there is more room above and aft of the wheel well, and there is a grille there which seems to serve no purpose. I actually assumed it was a subwoofer. It's not. Maybe for some sort of air flow in/out of the vehicle?
Here are some pics:
Wow! This is great info....I was looking at the jack the other day and you can kind of see back behind the panel and I thought that there should be a lot of room back there. I was planning on setting aside some time to remove the rear cargo side plastic panels. I never thought of removing the cupholders. That is a ton of room back there. I think I will be cutting into these nice interior panels at some point.

Wow! This is great info....I was looking at the jack the other day and you can kind of see back behind the panel and I thought that there should be a lot of room back there. I was planning on setting aside some time to remove the rear cargo side plastic panels. I never thought of removing the cupholders. That is a ton of room back there. I think I will be cutting into these nice interior panels at some point.
It would be nice if an aftermarket company came out with some legit storage compartments that could be put in these locations.

Here are some pics:
Ha, I JUST did the same thing right before I read your comment. I am trying to think of how to use that space on the passenger side because it's very big in there. If I don't figure out how to use it effectively, I may at least put some sort of insulation in the there to help reduce road noise coming in through the wheel well. I might see if I can put my amp in there or of sight for adding a sub in the rear since I had one in my Tundra that I'm not using now.

IF you want to ceramic coat the exterior you can do it yourself it takes some time because it is small areas of coating at a time. Mine has worked very well lasts a long time. There are lots of products to choose from I have been in the habit of using Adams Polishes.

Don't have my GX yet but I have paneled some full size vans. Possibly make a slip in custom shape box from 1/4 plyw? I have read other posts that indicate the cool box has air conditioning lines in there.
Good point. I didn't think about the fact that it probably has AC lines in there. I will be curious to see what you do for storage aback there once you get yours. Hopefully some others can post about what they've done.

Ha, I JUST did the same thing right before I read your comment. I am trying to think of how to use that space on the passenger side because it's very big in there. If I don't figure out how to use it effectively, I may at least put some sort of insulation in the there to help reduce road noise coming in through the wheel well. I might see if I can put my amp in there or of sight for adding a sub in the rear since I had one in my Tundra that I'm not using now.
Adding a sub is a definite possibility!

GX550 Poll

• Eco

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Comfort

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Normal

Votes: 19 54.3%
  • Sport S

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Sport S+

Votes: 2 5.7%