GDay from Downunder! GX Waiting Times…

Jrox

Sep 6, 2024
Media
sydney
Hi everyone,
Thought I would jump on the forum and see if there is anyone else from Australia waiting for a GX 550 OT, I have been waiting since May and every month they tell me my black GX is not scheduled for production.
So frustrating.
Has anyone in Australia actually received a vehicle yet?

Hi everyone,
Thought I would jump on the forum and see if there is anyone else from Australia waiting for a GX 550 OT, I have been waiting since May and every month they tell me my black GX is not scheduled for production.
So frustrating.
Welcome to the forum.

Hi everyone,
So frustrating.
Hi Mate,
I have had a Sports Luxury on order since June 2023, and like you still don't have confirmation that it is scheduled for production. I have a batch number, and no ETA from the dealer as to if I will even see it before Christmas.
Now I do know in very limited numbers that OT's have been delivered to a few people, because I saw one in the showroom a month ago that was ready for delivery to a customer.
You are no doubt aware that there has been a boatload in Australia for a while, but these were delayed in being delivered to customers as were the dealer demo vehicles until it could be retro fitted for an Australian Design Rule to do with side impact and fuel line. Plus, I understand there may have been some recalls, like for the leaks.
What is disappointing is the lack of information. I am being patient for now, but noting that there is an update (not cosmetic, but safety and infotainment) to the 300 Series due before Christmas, I am considering going back to Toyota.

Good luck with the wait on your OT, hopefully not too much longer, maybe someone will drop out of the queue for one that's already been built. Whereas I understand that currently no Sports Luxury's have yet been built for the AU market.

PS - If you haven't, book yourself on a test drive, it's a sweet ride, fast and surprisingly nimble. It's a beautiful thing to sit in.

Hi Mate,
I have had a Sports Luxury on order since June 2023, and like you still don't have confirmation that it is scheduled for production. I have a batch number, and no ETA from the dealer as to if I will even see it before Christmas.
Now I do know in very limited numbers that OT's have been delivered to a few people, because I saw one in the showroom a month ago that was ready for delivery to a customer.
You are no doubt aware that there has been a boatload in Australia for a while, but these were delayed in being delivered to customers as were the dealer demo vehicles until it could be retro fitted for an Australian Design Rule to do with side impact and fuel line. Plus, I understand there may have been some recalls, like for the leaks.
What is disappointing is the lack of information. I am being patient for now, but noting that there is an update (not cosmetic, but safety and infotainment) to the 300 Series due before Christmas, I am considering going back to Toyota.

Good luck with the wait on your OT, hopefully not too much longer, maybe someone will drop out of the queue for one that's already been built. Whereas I understand that currently no Sports Luxury's have yet been built for the AU market.

PS - If you haven't, book yourself on a test drive, it's a sweet ride, fast and surprisingly nimble. It's a beautiful thing to sit in.
This is the most info I have received on the status of the truck since I put my order in! 😀 I was aware of some delays but Lexus don’t want to provide me any real updates, happy to take my 5k deposit.
I did consider the Prado altitude but the two year waiting list put me off and again that was back in June, god knows how long it is now.
Just hope we don’t suffer with more recalls or hold ups.
The frustrating thing is the amount of left hand drive versions in the US they cannot even sell sitting on the forecourts!

Hi Mate,

Welcome to the forum and hope you get your GX soon.

Hi Mate,

My dealer said that Lexus has started manufacturing Sports Luxury orders from last year. If that is true, you are on track for an early Christmas present.

I joined the queue for a sports luxury in Feb 2024 and might only see that early next year.

My dealer said that Lexus has started manufacturing Sports Luxury orders from last year. If that is true, you are on track for an early Christmas present.

I joined the queue for a sports luxury in Feb 2024 and might only see that early next year.
Insane how long it takes for the orders.

Hi all, and a special shout out to all those down under!

I filled in my EOI back in Aug 2023 and had to pay $1,000 Deposit. I got a call to come and make my model and colour selection in November 2023, which I did and had to pay another $4,000... Why I had to pay a second deposit, NFI. I had Test Drive and Finance conditions added as at that stage, there was...
  • No guiding on price on any model, or the price difference between them
  • No confirmation on model features
    • No confirmation on what model had what features. Could only base it off US Specs which have 2 different OT models.
    • And we ended up with somewhere inbetween the 2 US specs plus a few other options. (eg: Tri-zone Climate Control with roof mounted air vents)
  • Only shown small pictures off a computer screen to make my model and colour choices. They refused to email or even print out the information!
  • I have since found out that I was Number 12 on the list of orders.
Anyway, ordered OT, Sonic Quartz, Black interior.

In July 2024, Lexus Brisbane took delivery of their demo GX OT, so dropped in to get my first look and actually get an idea of the Aus OT Specs. Couldn't take it for a test drive as they needed issues resolved before they could be registered in Aus. (Fuel Line re-routed, and HUD issues). Finally, they gave me an official price, and also gave me a copy of the official contract with VIN listed etc. According to the contract, the build date is listed as 07/2024.

Finally got to go for a test drive in Aug, had me hooked!. The HUD was not working properly, double reflection off the glass. They did have another OT in Sonic Quartz, that had just been delivered to the dealership and had yet to go through pre-delivery. So some lucky person alreay has theirs...

I was told on Monday this week that my car will be arriving at the dealership some time over the next 2 weeks with delivery shortly after.

Last edited:

I filled in my EOI back in Aug 2023 and had to pay $1,000 Deposit. I got a call to come and make my model and colour selection in November 2023, which I did and had to pay another $4,000... Why I had to pay a second deposit, NFI. I had Test Drive and Finance conditions added as at that stage, there was...
    • No confirmation on what model had what features. Could only base it off US Specs which have 2 different OT models.
    • And we ended up with somewhere inbetween the 2 US specs plus a few other options. (eg: Tri-zone Climate Control with roof mounted air vents)
  • Only shown small pictures off a computer screen to make my model and colour choices. They refused to email or even print out the information!

In July 2024, Lexus Brisbane took delivery of their demo GX OT, so dropped in to get my first look and actually get an idea of the Aus OT Specs. Couldn't take it for a test drive as they needed issues resolved before they could be registered in Aus. (Fuel Line re-routed, and HUD issues). Finally, they gave me an official price, and also gave me a copy of the official contract with VIN listed etc. According to the contract, the build date is listed as 07/2023.

Finally got to go for a test drive in Aug, had me hooked!. The HUD was not working properly, double reflection off the glass. They did have another OT in Sonic Quartz, that had just been delivered to the dealership and had yet to go through pre-delivery. So some lucky person alreay has theirs...

I was told on Monday this week that my car will be arriving at the dealership some time over the next 2 weeks with delivery shortly after.
Good luck with taking delivery and welcome.

In July 2024, Lexus Brisbane took delivery of their demo GX OT, so dropped in to get my first look and actually get an idea of the Aus OT Specs. Couldn't take it for a test drive as they needed issues resolved before they could be registered in Aus. (Fuel Line re-routed, and HUD issues). Finally, they gave me an official price, and also gave me a copy of the official contract with VIN listed etc. According to the contract, the build date is listed as 07/2024.

That’s awesome news for you, not so good news for the rest of us further down the list! 😀 if your 12th and only getting it in late Sept, we have no chance this year if we ordered it only back in May.

That’s awesome news for you, not so good news for the rest of us further down the list! 😀 if your 12th and only getting it in late Sept, we have no chance this year if we ordered it only back in May.
Just to add, I was also asked to pay 5k deposit so I think this is normal. 👍

This is the most info I have received on the status of the truck since I put my order in! 😀 I was aware of some delays but Lexus don’t want to provide me any real updates, happy to take my 5k deposit.
I did consider the Prado altitude but the two year waiting list put me off and again that was back in June, god knows how long it is now.
Just hope we don’t suffer with more recalls or hold ups.
The frustrating thing is the amount of left hand drive versions in the US they cannot even sell sitting on the forecourts!
Hey Jrox, hopefully a good sign, I saw 3x Over trails on the back of a transporter yesterday coming along from the direction of Port of Brisbane. Hopefully, that's a sign that another boat load has arrived, or else they are moving these from storage to dealers. At least one advantage of getting these a bit later in this country is that hopefully any bugs and early production quirks should be worked out by the time we get ours. I hear you, was in the US last month, and there's certainly plenty.

Hey Jrox, hopefully a good sign, I saw 3x Over trails on the back of a transporter yesterday coming along from the direction of Port of Brisbane. Hopefully, that's a sign that another boat load has arrived, or else they are moving these from storage to dealers. At least one advantage of getting these a bit later in this country is that hopefully any bugs and early production quirks should be worked out by the time we get ours. I hear you, was in the US last month, and there's certainly plenty.
that’s encouraging! 😀👍

Any of them White? Hopefully one of them is mine as the dealership thinks they should take delivery of mine this week. 🤞

GX550 Poll

• Eco

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Comfort

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Normal

Votes: 19 54.3%
  • Sport S

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Sport S+

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Custom (comment with settings)