GX O+ Delivered! All-out build starting now!

Lagunatic4x4

Apr 16, 2024
Media
Austin, TX
Finally...it's here! I have big big plans for this GX. Already have some amazing build partners lined up and I can't wait for everyone to see the progress. Pavement princess? Hell no! I actually use the hell out of these rigs, so please enjoy!

If you want to follow along, check me out on IF (yes, I need to change my name haha): @TRD_Sequoia
Introductory Reel on IG

Attachments

• IMG_4763.jpeg
    IMG_4763.jpeg
    426.2 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
Finally...it's here! I have big big plans for this GX. Already have some amazing build partners lined up and I can't wait for everyone to see the progress. Pavement princess? Hell no! I actually use the hell out of these rigs, so please enjoy!

If you want to follow along, check me out on IF (yes, I need to change my name haha): @TRD_Sequoia
Introductory Reel on IG
Congrats on the delivery of your GX.

Introductory Reel on IG
Good luck with your build might have to borrow some of them

Can we get a preview of what mods you are planning?
Sure thing! Here's an initial list!
  • Phantom ceramic window tint (done!)
  • Exterior ceramic coating (next week)
  • Rear cargo storage drawers, fridge, and kitchen system from Air Down Gear Up
  • Front (with ComeUp winch) and rear (with dual swing-outs) bumpers from Dissent Off-Road
  • Rock sliders from Dissent Off-Road
  • Roof rack from TBD (Dissent, Front Runner, or Rhino Rack)
  • Suspension swap TBD (Dobinsons or ICON) w/approx. 3" lift
  • Wheels (17" ICON) and tires (35" Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/Ts)
  • Lighting is still TBD, but will probably stick with Rigid (light bar in Dissent's front bumper), Adapt light bar on roof, spreader pods on roof rack, etc...
  • Lots of Agency6 goodies!

• Front (with ComeUp winch) and rear (with dual swing-outs) bumpers from Dissent Off-Road
  • Lighting is still TBD, but will probably stick with Rigid (light bar in Dissent's front bumper), Adapt light bar on roof, spreader pods on roof rack, etc...
Wow! Good stuff. I'll be following along!

Aren't you bothered by weight increase with all that? At 1500 lbs cargo I am - but mostly because I to and have a 650 lb tongue weight on my trailer. I guess without that all would be good.

Also I saw in a thread here somewhere that the Wescott Designs roof rack had very low wind noise.

What are you doing with your existing tires and wheels? What are the numbers on the OEM TOYOs again? What's the biggest tire we can go with without a mod on the wheel well?

Aren't you bothered by weight increase with all that? At 1500 lbs cargo I am - but mostly because I to and have a 650 lb tongue weight on my trailer. I guess without that all would be good.

Also I saw in a thread here somewhere that the Wescott Designs roof rack had very low wind noise.
Nah. The bumpers aren't that heavy (aren't light either, ha!) and most of my gear isn't super heavy either. Either way, upgraded suspension will also help me out.

What are you doing with your existing tires and wheels? What are the numbers on the OEM TOYOs again? What's the biggest tire we can go with without a mod on the wheel well?
Biggest without a lift is around 33", which is damn near what these OEM tires are. I'm going to sell the wheels and tires, if you're interested. I'm in Austin, TX.

GX550 Poll

• 2 weeks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 - 2 months

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 3 - 5 months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More than 5 months

Votes: 6 75.0%
Back