GX Overtrail+ not having Second Row Climate Controls and Digital Rear View Mirror at that price

Not an issue for me since I hardly use back seats and AC has been great otherwise. For your situation, may I suggest Nano ceramic tint on all the windows. That should assist cabin temp. Definitely a miss by Lexus.

I thought all these features were available on the LC. I mean not every trim can have everything, but I’d expect by the time you get to an OT+ you don’t want to choose between luxury or off-road features, the expectation is luxury and off-road features.
Yes, exactly. Even the base trim 1958 of LC has second row AC controls and not the OT+.

Reactions: MJE
But does it have massaging seats? ;)
haha.. with that price it makes sense and good that Lexus added massaging seats in OT+. But I wish they also have added atleast as an options for people to choose for 2nd row climate, digital rear view mirror and 3rd row.

haha.. with that price it makes sense and good that Lexus added massaging seats in OT+. But I wish they also have added atleast as an options for people to choose for 2nd row climate, digital rear view mirror and 3rd row.
I wish they would have given the lux+ an option for rear locking differential , ekdss and the all terrain camera :)

The GX550 OT+ checks all the boxes on my list except for the digital rear view mirror. The lack of a third row seat is a plus since it would allow for easier placement of my Engel fridge/freezer.
I too would like to know if the wiring is in place for the camera is in place. Buying the individual parts would be costly but possibly better than waiting to see if Lexus adds the camera as an option.

Last edited:
Any reason why overhead vents and/or third climate zone would be a drawback or tradeoff on an overlander type vehicle? I am surprised by both omissions particularly the overhead, since it seems like that would simplify manufacturing if all trims had the same vents.

Not having the rearview mirror camera seems like easy margin for Toyota but still feels like a big miss on an off-roader.

Any reason why overhead vents and/or third climate zone would be a drawback or tradeoff on an overlander type vehicle? I am surprised by both omissions particularly the overhead, since it seems like that would simplify manufacturing if all trims had the same vents.

Not having the rearview mirror camera seems like easy margin for Toyota but still feels like a big miss on an off-roader.
My assumption is no rear vents saves a bit of money, and they feel they aren't needed with no 3rd row. Probably assuming that the front vents cool that area sufficiently.

I have a digital rear view mirror in my jeep. I am kind of 50/50 on it. When I drive in the snow and mud it is constantly covered over with crap so it doesn’t work, and I have to try and use the washer fluid to clean it off. Also my old eyes make the picture somewhat blurry trying to focus on it. It is nice if the truck is loaded though.
I test drove some tundras and sequoias that had the digital rear view mirrors and they made me nauseous. With a regular mirror your vision focus distance doesn't change much from looking out the front windshield to looking in the rear view mirror. However, with the digital rear view it's a screen, so your eyes have to adjust to see it clearly 30 inches away, and as I've gotten older it is harder for my eyes to transition that focal distance quickly. Especially when wearing glasses for distance, it becomes very difficult to even focus on the digital screen, but since the perceived distance in a regular mirror is much further it works just fine. I was actually very happy when I found that my GX did not have the digital mirror as that is better for me.

I have the digital mirror and don’t use it. I find that the camera angle makes cars seem MUcH closer than they are. So when cars drive up behind you, it appears that they are going to hit your rear bumper, when you really have much more space. That freaks me out as I’m not used to it - so I tend not to use it.

I have a digital mirror on my Tundra and like it. If you don't like it, you can flip it into a regular mirror mode.

Yes, at least having that option of Digital Rear View Mirror helps as you can flip and use it as regular mirror. Once I load my back/cargo with gear, bags, etc, having a digital rear view mirror helps to get a clear view of the back. I also like the wide angle view of the digital rear camera.

The most absurd thing to me is that memory seats are paywalled behind the 8k premium of the Overtrail + vs overtrail. Completely absurd that a 70k overtrail can't even option memory seats. It seems silly perhaps, but this one feature is making me consider keeping my Defender. All of the overtrail + models my dealer seems to have in the queue all are 85k, fully optioned out.

I asked if I could custom order one with exactly the options I wanted and they said they just get what they get. Seems suspect to me, but I've never bought a Toyota product before so who knows.

The most absurd thing to me is that memory seats are paywalled behind the 8k premium of the Overtrail + vs overtrail. Completely absurd that a 70k overtrail can't even option memory seats. It seems silly perhaps, but this one feature is making me consider keeping my Defender. All of the overtrail + models my dealer seems to have in the queue all are 85k, fully optioned out.

I asked if I could custom order one with exactly the options I wanted and they said they just get what they get. Seems suspect to me, but I've never bought a Toyota product before so who knows.
They are not jerking your chain, no custom orders on these.

GX550 Poll

• Eco

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Comfort

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Normal

Votes: 19 54.3%
  • Sport S

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Sport S+

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Custom (comment with settings)