GX550 30 Day Stop Sale?

Mine is in Florida. Yes, if it really is just securing the protective wrapping hopefully it is a short delay to get that shored up. I guess that scenario is much better than build flaw concerns. My sales guy didn't know the cause though.
Hopefully ours on the short list to be inspected and we’ll be driven them like we stole them good luck

I have OT+ allocation that left Japan 3 days ago. I talked to dealer yesterday and they confirmed the QC hold. I asked the reason and also the rumor of shipping film issue, etc. My dealer claims they had a morning meeting about it and they were not told the reason and could not confirm why. They also said they know the specific units that are being held and the shipment that left Japan 3 days ago are not on hold. We’ll see.

Anybody else get the update that their vehicle is at the North Texas distribution center and going though the final inspection delay?

Our OT + is in town but is being held for inspection. It arrived the 19th but isn't at the dealer yet -- it's at the railyard at Alliance. Our salesman reached out this morning and told me about it but didn't have an ETA. He volunteered that it has something to do with the sunroof not draining properly.

My OT was supposedly shipped 2 weeks ago but text from SA yesterday said still at LA Port, now on hold. No reason given.

Just got this from my sales rep.

Good Morning! I hate sending this so much!!
We just got some bad news that all GX’s are going to be delayed for up to 30 days for quality control. I’m so sorry and I will keep you updated on everything I hear 😞

Anyone else receiving this notification?
I know it’s only been a few days but anybody get their GX cleared

Just got this from my sales rep.

Good Morning! I hate sending this so much!!
We just got some bad news that all GX’s are going to be delayed for up to 30 days for quality control. I’m so sorry and I will keep you updated on everything I hear 😞

Anyone else receiving this notification?
Are these ones that arrived at Port or in Japan?

Anybody else get the update that their vehicle is at the North Texas distribution center and going though the final inspection delay?

It would be good to know who’s in the same boat so we can share updates as they let us know.
I'm in a similar situation it's on hold in California and no reason why. Please share if you get an update

Took delivery on my L+ on 5/12 (caviar) and noticed the same issue a few days later in my garage. It's pretty minor but now it's all I see. Dealer body shop is going to fix it.

Took delivery on my L+ on 5/12 (caviar) and noticed the same issue a few days later in my garage. It's pretty minor but now it's all I see. Dealer body shop is going to fix it.
What is it exactly you are seeing? I have only had mine a few days but need to pay attn in case there is an issue.

I have refundable deposits on a GX550 and on a Land Cruiser. Both were built on May 9th, and both were shipped out from Japan on May 15th. Both have been put on "quality control hold." My plan is to buy whichever vehicle arrives first. My preference is the GX550, but I'd be fine with the Land Cruiser, too :).

Last edited:

GX550 Poll

• Eco

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Comfort

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Normal

Votes: 19 54.3%
  • Sport S

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Sport S+

Votes: 2 5.7%