GX550 30 Day Stop Sale?

Keep us posted
So I called and they basically said they have no info and don’t get involved in the sales process. That I have to continue calling the dealership for updates. I asked if they knew about the hold and she said, they don’t hear about holds and can’t give any type of update.

Frustrating. I really don’t know if I can continue waiting. This has been a terrible experience.

I've seen two Lexus transports leaving the Alliance area (DFW, TX) in the past two days that had GX's on them. One had a single Premium or Luxury and the other had at least two Overtrails on it.
Some positive signs. How do the logistics work? If I'm at Jacksonville port on hold will mine be routed through Texas before coming to Nashville?

So I called and they basically said they have no info and don’t get involved in the sales process. That I have to continue calling the dealership for updates. I asked if they knew about the hold and she said, they don’t hear about holds and can’t give any type of update.

Frustrating. I really don’t know if I can continue waiting. This has been a terrible experience.
Sounds very frustrating. They should communicate better at the very least. I know Toyota has it's hands full right now handling the Toyota Tundra recalls as well. You should see those guys frothing at the bit to trade them in as fast as possible :(

This has been a big hassle for Toyota and a huge black eye all around.

Edit: Put Tacoma when it was Tundra. Fixed.

Last edited:
Sounds very frustrating. They should communicate better at the very least. I know Toyota has it's hands full right now handling the Toyota Tacoma recalls as well. You should see those guys frothing at the bit to trade them in as fast as possible :(

This has been a big hassle for Toyota and a huge black eye all around.
The newest Tacoma that just came out? I heard about the '22 and '23 (last gen) that had the voluntary recall for the rear axel nuts.

My 22 Tundra is affected by this recall. Not Tacoma. My previous 22 Tacoma was affected with rear seat belt anchor welds.

Currently waiting on my overtrail in south florida. Car sitting in the FLL port. Rep reach out today, mentioning there was an issue with the "covering materieals for transportation" causing paint issues because debris able to make it under the film. Apparently they are looking for a fix on this to start moving the cars. No dates provided. :rolleyes:

Currently waiting on my overtrail in south florida. Car sitting in the FLL port. Rep reach out today, mentioning there was an issue with the "covering materieals for transportation" causing paint issues because debris able to make it under the film. Apparently they are looking for a fix on this to start moving the cars. No dates provided. :rolleyes:
Dang. I thought all these latest holds were strictly for the sunroof issue.

We’ve pretty much confirmed it’s the sunroof by seeing which trims are being held. No Lux+ are on hold as far as I know.

Make me think the dealers ARE really in the dark. I can’t understand what’s going through corporate’s mind by being silent.
The paint rumor has been around since the beginning of the holds too, it could be both! But at the end of the day we're forced to speculate because they won't say.

The paint rumor has been around since the beginning of the holds too, it could be both! But at the end of the day we're forced to speculate because they won't say
Lexus definitely knows there is a paint issue. I just got the approval to have my hood repainted. It had a line across it from the paint protector film and i didn’t see it until after we got it home.

We’ve pretty much confirmed it’s the sunroof by seeing which trims are being held. No Lux+ are on hold as far as I know.

Make me think the dealers ARE really in the dark. I can’t understand what’s going through corporate’s mind by being silent.
I’ve got my OT set to deliver to my dealer end of next month. Talked to them today and there is no hold on the vehicle….it has a sunroof.

There’s some Japanese quality control guy that’s now unemployed at the GX factory.

Lexus takes their QC very serious and is doing the right thing to ensure any issues are resolved. Think about the quality of some of our domestic brands or other brands that would just roll the dice and let things go. Then deal with the issues as they occur. Lexus and Toyota are regularly the top in JD power quality ratings and there’s a reason they’re at the top.

What is the typical timeline?
Dealer is given/confirms their allocation of a certain model…then X days later it moves into production. Y days later it ships. It’s on a boat for Z days. And then hits the port where these are currently being held up. What does that timeline usually
Look like?

What is the typical timeline?
Dealer is given/confirms their allocation of a certain model…then X days later it moves into production. Y days later it ships. It’s on a boat for Z days. And then hits the port where these are currently being held up. What does that timeline usually
Look like?
Depends a bit on where in the country you live, what port the car comes into, the number of port-installed options, etc.

My OT+ was built on 6/6 and yesterday I just got a delivery window of 7/16-8/5. I live in GA, coming through Jacksonville port

Last edited:
Depends a bit on where in the country you live, what port the car comes into, the number of port-installed options, etc.

My OT+ was built on 6/6 and yesterday I just got a delivery window of 7/16-8/5. I live in GA, coming through Jacksonville port
I’m in GA as well, thinking I am on a pretty similar timeline

On May 6, my OT was still in the build phase. It was due in Jax on June 12. Scheduled at dealer on June 27. Mine was affected by the QC hold, so when it arrives is anybody's guess.

GX550 Poll

• Eco

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Comfort

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Normal

Votes: 19 54.3%
  • Sport S

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Sport S+

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Custom (comment with settings)