Hello from S.E. Ohio

tremor

Aug 7, 2024
S.E. Ohio
Hello all, I've been following this forum for a few months learning everything I can about the new GX550 (even read the 628 page manual). I drove a P+ and it was better than the Toyota 1958 and FE so it made my choice easy. Now the hard part is waiting for a Nori Green Luxury+.

Reactions: MJE
Hello all, I've been following this forum for a few months learning everything I can about the new GX550 (even read the 628 page manual). I drove a P+ and it was better than the Toyota 1958 and FE so it made my choice easy. Now the hard part is waiting for a Nori Green Luxury+.
Wait. So you tried a P+ liked it and then jumped straight into a lux+? Curious why that over an OT+?

And will you be modding the truck?

Wait. So you tried a P+ liked it and then jumped straight into a lux+? Curious why that over an OT+?

And will you be modding the truck?
I really want 6-7 passenger and like the clean look of the Lux+ wheels and fold away running board. The chance is low I mod or take this offroad. I had an FJ Cruser for 13 years and never did anything extreme.

I really want 6-7 passenger and like the clean look of the Lux+ wheels and fold away running board. The chance is low I mod or take this offroad. I had an FJ Cruser for 13 years and never did anything extreme.
What’s your reason for this ride over other suvs like x5/gle/q7 etc. Just curious. I’m on the same boat. I like the clean look of the lux+ and like the option of 3rd row and amenities. I wanted something more rugged “just incase” I needed it. :)

Oh and welcome!

What’s your reason for this ride over other suvs like x5/gle/q7 etc. Just curious. I’m on the same boat. I like the clean look of the lux+ and like the option of 3rd row and amenities. I wanted something more rugged “just incase” I needed it. :)

Oh and welcome!
Thanks. Mainly hopefully reliability and ruggedness. I loved the FJ because ive driven pickups most of my life.
Not a Mercedes fan because wife got burned on a E350 with maintenance and depreciation. Ive never owned a BMW and havent test driven an X5 or X7 and still may but again worried about maintenance. I have an Audi SQ5 and will keep it (old supercharged one, so fun). The Q7 55 peaked my interest. It was faster, better ride/ handling and had about the same towing capacity as the GX. If you havent driven a Q7 55 i would advise you to.

Last edited:

GX550 Poll

• Eco

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Comfort

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Normal

Votes: 19 54.3%
  • Sport S

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Sport S+

Votes: 2 5.7%