Hello from Vermont.

REB27

Jul 25, 2024
Media
vermont
Yesterday picked up my Overtrail (Nori/Chateau) from New Country Lexus, Latham, NY. Salespeople Dave Fletcher is great, low key and honest and dealership seems excellent. Put a deposit down last December and they kept me well advised. Dave deleted the roof rack and rock rails (I will probably wait for Dissent Offroad’s rails to be released) and they never tried for a mark up over msrp. Fair trade in my Macan.

As to the 220 mile drive back home to Vermont: Been driving my wife’s Land Cruiser First Edition (some!) so this was a good comparison ride. I am Type A and noticed no discernible hood flutter even on the Interstate. Same as to vibration that some have reported as to the Overtrailmodel. Drives a bit differently than the LC, front end handles our terrible paved back roads better in my opinion. Very comfortable seats and like the GX interior better than the LC. Engine is smooth and think I may like it better than the 4 cylinder hybrid in the Cruiser (but then again I can convince myself of anything).

Owned a lot of different cars but this is my first Lexus. Hoping reliability is everything I’ve heard, especially since closest dealers are 200 miles away! Happy and safe travels.

Attachments

• IMG_1836.jpeg
    IMG_1836.jpeg
    340.2 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_1837.jpeg
    IMG_1837.jpeg
    233.6 KB · Views: 26
Yesterday picked up my Overtrail (Nori/Chateau) from New Country Lexus, Latham, NY. Salespeople Dave Fletcher is great, low key and honest and dealership seems excellent. Put a deposit down last December and they kept me well advised. Dave deleted the roof rack and rock rails (I will probably wait for Dissent Offroad’s rails to be released) and they never tried for a mark up over msrp. Fair trade in my Macan.

As to the 220 mile drive back home to Vermont: Been driving my wife’s Land Cruiser First Edition (some!) so this was a good comparison ride. I am Type A and noticed no discernible hood flutter even on the Interstate. Same as to vibration that some have reported as to the Overtrailmodel. Drives a bit differently than the LC, front end handles our terrible paved back roads better in my opinion. Very comfortable seats and like the GX interior better than the LC. Engine is smooth and think I may like it better than the 4 cylinder hybrid in the Cruiser (but then again I can convince myself of anything).

Owned a lot of different cars but this is my first Lexus. Hoping reliability is everything I’ve heard, especially since closest dealers are 200 miles away! Happy and safe travels.
Congrats and welcome!

Congrats! We share a lot in common. I’m keeping my Macan however and looking forward to my first Lexus. Glad to hear your GX doesn’t suffer any of the early issues some are reporting.

GX550 Poll

• 2 weeks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 - 2 months

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 3 - 5 months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More than 5 months

Votes: 6 75.0%
Back