Hello!

Millan

Aug 7, 2024
Hendersonville, Tennessee
Hey, Everyone!

I’m new to the group! Thanks for having me!

I got a 2024 Lexus GX550 this week. I love it, but I can’t seem to find the answer to a question reagrding the driver alerts/safety alerts. I’m hoping you all might be able to help! :)

Question: Is there a way to disable the driver/safety alerts?

My GX is “screaming” at me constantly. I really (really) do not like it. Honestly, the constant nagging & “reminders” is killing the driving experience & causing me to dislike driving it and I’ve only had it for a couple of days.

To be clear, these are a few of the “alerts” that I am talking about:

-When stopped at an intersection/stop sign/crossing traffic lanes, it will “scream” at me to be careful of crossing/incoming traffic. (The first time I experienced this, it scared the crap out of me!)

-It is constantly telling me to “sit-up” that the camera can’t see me. (I don’t care if the camera can see me or not!)

-Reminds me frequently that there is a “driver profile” I need to set up. (No, thank you.)

So, that’s my very wordy question. I am hoping there is a way to disable them, or a loophole (or something) that can be done to bypass some of this “1984” technology. It is wearing me out. Obviously, I’m not a tech person. I just want to enjoy driving my car without all the nonsense & babysitting.

Thanks!

Hey, Everyone!

I’m new to the group! Thanks for having me!

I got a 2024 Lexus GX550 this week. I love it, but I can’t seem to find the answer to a question reagrding the driver alerts/safety alerts. I’m hoping you all might be able to help! :)

Question: Is there a way to disable the driver/safety alerts?

My GX is “screaming” at me constantly. I really (really) do not like it. Honestly, the constant nagging & “reminders” is killing the driving experience & causing me to dislike driving it and I’ve only had it for a couple of days.

To be clear, these are a few of the “alerts” that I am talking about:

-When stopped at an intersection/stop sign/crossing traffic lanes, it will “scream” at me to be careful of crossing/incoming traffic. (The first time I experienced this, it scared the crap out of me!)

-It is constantly telling me to “sit-up” that the camera can’t see me. (I don’t care if the camera can see me or not!)

-Reminds me frequently that there is a “driver profile” I need to set up. (No, thank you.)

So, that’s my very wordy question. I am hoping there is a way to disable them, or a loophole (or something) that can be done to bypass some of this “1984” technology. It is wearing me out. Obviously, I’m not a tech person. I just want to enjoy driving my car without all the nonsense & babysitting.

Thanks!
Congrats on getting your GX and welcome to the forum.

Try staring a new tread with your questions in a different category and it will likely get answered. We don't have ours yet so can't help.

Post some pics of your new GX when you get a chance.

Latest Discussions

GX550 Poll

• 2 weeks

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • 1 - 2 months

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • 3 - 5 months

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • More than 5 months

Votes: 13 72.2%
Back