Is Incognito / solid gray a fad color?

Sep 28, 2024
Media
Memphis, TN
Do you think that the solid gray body color is a fad? I believe Lexus introduced incognito in the IS 500 in 2023. Many other automakers rolled out their version of solid gray several years back. Some look ok while others appear tacky. I like how Lexus is only offering it on a few select vehicles. Its contrast with black accents just really makes the vehicle pop. For me I was deciding between Atomic silver and incognito (with black roof). I want something different since my current 4Runner is silver and previous 4Runner was champagne. Hence, I chose incognito. Hope it’s not a fad and becomes a part of the primary color selections like white, silver, black etc. Thoughts?

Do you think that the solid gray body color is a fad? I believe Lexus introduced incognito in the IS 500 in 2023. Many other automakers rolled out their version of solid gray several years back. Some look ok while others appear tacky. I like how Lexus is only offering it on a few select vehicles. Its contrast with black accents just really makes the vehicle pop. For me I was deciding between Atomic silver and incognito (with black roof). I want something different since my current 4Runner is silver and previous 4Runner was champagne. Hence, I chose incognito. Hope it’s not a fad and becomes a part of the primary color selections like white, silver, black etc. Thoughts?
I have a GX550 + Incognito have many compliments on the color everyone has their choice don’t care if it’s a fad it was the right choice for me

Can’t go wrong with neutral colors. Not like this is a skittles color which imo is more fad-y. The bigger issue is that everyone and their mom has a shade of flat gray now. Hah. I still love the contrast with black. And the fact it has no chrome anywhere.

I get nothing but compliments on my Incognito/Onyx OT. I see people taking pics of it all the time lol. Its a great color for the GX IMO
IMG_2862.jpeg

GX550 Poll

• 2 weeks

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • 1 - 2 months

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • 3 - 5 months

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • More than 5 months

Votes: 19 63.3%
Back