Lexus Dashcam???

Re: removal of dashcam. Well, I am 2 hours away from the dealer which is in Phoenix. I decided to take the dashcam off myself. So here is the process:
1) Grab the rear view mirror top plastic housing above the mirror and yank it forward. It pops right off. Do not yank the mirror!
2) Next you need to pop the overhead center console. Take a trim pry and hook it in one of the rear corners of the overhead console and pry open enough to get your finger started and yank downward. It comes off, no damage to anything.
3) You will see the dashcam cable on the passenger side where the overhead console was (if you have trouble finding it, wiggle the dashcam cable at the dashcam). Unplug the cable and feed it back to the dashcam.
4) The port installers simply clipped the headliner to make an opening to feed the dashcam cable. Carefully thread the cable through.
5) The dashcam itself is clips into a mounting plate which is then taped to the windshield. It is plastic so be careful and use your trim pry bars to fit under the mounting plate and pry the mounting tape holding it on. Work it until you can remove it. Tape adhesive residue can be removed with WD-40 on a paper towel and then clean up with window cleaner.
6) Push the overhead console back in place, make sure all 4 corners snap in. Fit the mirror assembly cover and snap it back in.

Also, someone, somewhere, asked can the dashcam be moved to the passenger side. Well actually the cable is just long enough to reach the drivers side. And the plug for the cable is on the passenger side. So yes, it will physically fit fine, even better! You just need you some new windshield mounting tape for the dashcam mounting plate.
Has this been done successfully?

I press the wifi button on the dashcam then go to my ultra s23 (android) and I see the dashcam network but when I select it nothing happens at all the app tells me to do exactly what I just did
Can someone share how they connect the dashcam to the app? It is driving me crazy

Attachments

• IMG_3319.jpeg
    IMG_3319.jpeg
    100.2 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_3318.jpeg
    IMG_3318.jpeg
    193.5 KB · Views: 52
I press the wifi button on the dashcam then go to my ultra s23 (android) and I see the dashcam network but when I select it nothing happens at all the app tells me to do exactly what I just did
Can someone share how they connect the dashcam to the app? It is driving me crazy
in your phone's wifi settings, when you select the dashcam network, you will need to enter the default password. 1234567890.

Then in the app (at least the ios pne), you have so swipe down feom the homepage where it says swipe to connect. it took me a couple tries. also if you have any sort of vpn or ad blocking software on your phone, turn it off

HAVE A S24 AND HAVING TROUBLES ALSO FIDDLED WITH PHONE CONTROLS AND GOT IT TO WORK AND TURNED OFF THE CAR AND IT STOPPED WORKING DEALERSHIP HAD NO ONE , !NO ONE TO GET THE ANDROID TO WORK??? HELP

GX550 Poll

• 2 weeks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 - 2 months

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 3 - 5 months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More than 5 months

Votes: 6 75.0%
Back