Lexus GX 550 AAP Program

nonamex

Nov 29, 2023
California
Anyone familiar with the AAP program for the GX 550? I'm looking to get the Prinsu rack so I can install the Camp King RTT. I would prefer to get the AAP build package rather than installing each component afterwards. Thank you.

Hey there -- I'm in a similar boat with a GX coming end of month. Did you get the prinsu rack? Any other AAP options you can recommend? I head somewhere you can get a skidplate added to a premium, but haven't seen anything official offering that as an optional add on.

Hey there -- I'm in a similar boat with a GX coming end of month. Did you get the prinsu rack? Any other AAP options you can recommend? I head somewhere you can get a skidplate added to a premium, but haven't seen anything official offering that as an optional add on.
I don't have the car at the moment so no accessories yet. I won't be getting the Prinsu as originally planned. I'm getting either the Sherpa Atlas or Westcott Designs. I would like to get the air compressor. Unfortunately, there is very little information on this accessories program. Typical marketing something that is essentially vaporware.

I don't have the car at the moment so no accessories yet. I won't be getting the Prinsu as originally planned. I'm getting either the Sherpa Atlas or Westcott Designs. I would like to get the air compressor. Unfortunately, there is very little information on this accessories program. Typical marketing something that is essentially vaporware.
Yeah agreed. Tough to find any real info on the extent of the AAP program. Why did you elect not to go with the Prinsu? I'm seeing a Prinsu Pro is available as an add on to my GX by Lexus, which I'm considering as it's only ~$300 in labor over retail, and I understand you get a Lexus part number for insurance/warranty purposes when you purchase parts from the AAP program even if they aren't Lexus brand parts.

Yeah agreed. Tough to find any real info on the extent of the AAP program. Why did you elect not to go with the Prinsu? I'm seeing a Prinsu Pro is available as an add on to my GX by Lexus, which I'm considering as it's only ~$300 in labor over retail, and I understand you get a Lexus part number for insurance/warranty purposes when you purchase parts from the AAP program even if they aren't Lexus brand parts.
I did not want the weather strip in the front to be cut when installing the Prinsu. Sherpa uses a different method to install their rack. They also use thicker aluminum. I like that the warranty covers the rack if installed by Lexus.

I did not want the weather strip in the front to be cut when installing the Prinsu. Sherpa uses a different method to install their rack. They also use thicker aluminum. I like that the warranty covers the rack if installed by Lexus.
So my dealer got back to me after running this to ground and told me that he was mistaken -- the prinsu rack would not fall under Lexus's warranty. Only the prinsu manufacturer's warranty is available, which is obviously what you'd get buying directly from prinsu. This makes the added cost of buying it through Lexus not justifiable IMV. So I'll be just buying my own after-market rack after pick up.

The AAP catalogue is more limited than I've seen suggested elsewhere. But regardless, if the non-Lexus parts won't be covered under the Lexus warranty it doesn't make a ton of sense to me to pay for the Lexus markup and labor, unless you just want it done all in one shot for convenience.

So my dealer got back to me after running this to ground and told me that he was mistaken -- the prinsu rack would not fall under Lexus's warranty. Only the prinsu manufacturer's warranty is available, which is obviously what you'd get buying directly from prinsu. This makes the added cost of buying it through Lexus not justifiable IMV. So I'll be just buying my own after-market rack after pick up.

The AAP catalogue is more limited than I've seen suggested elsewhere. But regardless, if the non-Lexus parts won't be covered under the Lexus warranty it doesn't make a ton of sense to me to pay for the Lexus markup and labor, unless you just want it done all in one shot for convenience.
Thanks for the clarification. More reason not to get it from Lexus.

GX550 Poll

• 2 weeks

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • 1 - 2 months

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • 3 - 5 months

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • More than 5 months

Votes: 19 63.3%
Back