Mark Levinson 21-speaker audio sounds terrible on the GX 550 Luxury +

I wish the system would adjust to which way you like it. To me it gives out more treble and less bass. I have a 2014 GX and that baby thumps so I have a really good comparison and the new GX sucks with and lacks bass. Yea, I turned off surround and did all the techy details with no avail. I feel it lacks sub woofers
Definitely lacks subwoofers or at least feels like it. Thereā€™s no omnidirectional bass feeling. Itā€™s all coming from the front doors.

Iā€™ll say that in home audio Mark Levinson products are often associated with reference sound, which is supposed to be very ā€œaccurateā€. More accurate does not mean more enjoyable.

This is somewhat concerning to me. Iā€™m hoping Iā€™m happy with the ML that opted to get. I had a bang and olufsen in my old RS7 and it was fantastic.

This is somewhat concerning to me. Iā€™m hoping Iā€™m happy with the ML that opted to get. I had a bang and olufsen in my old RS7 and it was fantastic.
Hate to shareā€¦ but Lexus ML pre 2022 is worlds beyond the current premium (21+sp) system. I donā€™t know what happened. FWIW, we are a 2004,2009,2012,2021,2022 and 2024 Lexus GX and LX household and our two newest are complete fails on the sound system from prior AMAZING ML systems. Itā€™s not a downgrade from my perspective but a flat out failure and disaster from my perspective. This is our 8th Lexus across GX and LX models (current garage is 2009 GX, 2022 LX and 2024 GX) and the 2009 ML system (all upgraded) is the best now. I traded in a 2016 XC90 for the ā€˜24 GX and the sound system feels like I went to a GM product.

Last edited:
Think it sounds really good. Coming from a jeep with a McIntosh system and a super duty with the high end B&O system. Doesnā€™t get as loud as the B&O but sounds better. I think sound is so subjective and a few people complain and it becomes a thing. But everyoneā€™s taste is different

Hate to shareā€¦ but Lexus ML pre 2022 is worlds beyond the current premium (21+sp) system. I donā€™t know what happened. FWIW, we are a 2004,2009,2012,2021,2022 and 2024 Lexus GX and LX household and our two newest are complete fails on the sound system from prior AMAZING ML systems. Itā€™s not a downgrade from my perspective but a flat out failure and disaster from my perspective. This is our 8th Lexus across GX and LX models (current garage is 2009 GX, 2022 LX and 2024 GX) and the 2009 ML system (all upgraded) is the best now. I traded in a 2016 XC90 for the ā€˜24 GX and the sound system feels like I went to a GM product.
Ughhhhh that blows
Thanks for the insight

Iā€™m coming from 2019 Mercedes burmeseter and a 2022 Porsche macan Bose system. Mercedes was much nicer for my listening. I generally donā€™t listen to high bass. I prefer crisp, clear , accurate, precise as I listen to vocals and instruments mostly. In that respect the ML is pretty good and probably beats the burmester. I canā€™t comment on 2nd row but honestly donā€™t care as the system is 99% for me. My kids sit back there and they donā€™t even like loud bass heavy music.

Iā€™m coming from 2019 Mercedes burmeseter and a 2022 Porsche macan Bose system. Mercedes was much nicer for my listening. I generally donā€™t listen to high bass. I prefer crisp, clear , accurate, precise as I listen to vocals and instruments mostly. In that respect the ML is pretty good and probably beats the burmester. I canā€™t comment on 2nd row but honestly donā€™t care as the system is 99% for me. My kids sit back there and they donā€™t even like loud bass heavy music.
Thanks
Yeah, same I prefer more treble to bass
Crazy how lop sided the reviews are on the ML stereo system
Guess Iā€™ll find out soon enough for myself

I think youā€™ll be very happy with it then.

I think the treble is very good in the system. I think the bass is also very good. It doesnā€™t rumble the doors and itā€™s a very low end as well. I think it sounds fantastic upfront.

My only complaint is just hearing the system in the back. I get it. Iā€™m satisfied as Iā€™m gonna be in the front 100% of the time but for a $2100 adder or whatever it was, the system hardly comes out of the speakers in the back and thatā€™s disappointing.

I think youā€™ll be very happy with it then.

I think the treble is very good in the system. I think the bass is also very good. It doesnā€™t rumble the doors and itā€™s a very low end as well. I think it sounds fantastic upfront.

My only complaint is just hearing the system in the back. I get it. Iā€™m satisfied as Iā€™m gonna be in the front 100% of the time but for a $2100 adder or whatever it was, the system hardly comes out of the speakers in the back and thatā€™s disappointing.
We donā€™t even get the choice here in Aus, if you choose the only OT version available here there is no ML upgrade option. Letā€™s hope when my black GX OT arrives next month that standard system is still sufficient for listening to rock and heavy metal! šŸ˜€šŸ‘

Back