New GX550 owner with some suspension issues

Rainee

Oct 19, 2024
Toronto
Hello all,
I’m a new GX owner. I was very excited to bring home my atomic grey overtrail GX550 yesterday but unfortunately I’m experiencing suspension issues 😶. It’s got 98km/61 mi on the odometer but it only had 5km when I took possession. Love the body style and all the tech stuff.

I’m bringing it in to the dealership on Monday.

I have a 2007 100 series LC so I know what good quality suspension is like. I hope they solve this issue! Or me being a GX550 might be short lived. I wish my experience was more positive, hopefully that will change.

There is a chatter when the vehicle goes over road bumps and the suspension seems flat. It doesn’t soak up any bumps like what you would expect in an off-road vehicle. Also when I’m driving the vehicle the hood is noticeably slanted to the passenger side.

Check tire pressure and tire balance first. Also one poster had breaks done because of squealing in reverse and said that corrected issue. No one else has tied the two together yet but Lexus just came out with the break fix a week or two ago, and I am not sure if the parts are readily available yet.

Check tire pressure and tire balance first. Also one poster had breaks done because of squealing in reverse and said that corrected issue. No one else has tied the two together yet but Lexus just came out with the break fix a week or two ago, and I am not sure if the parts are readily available yet.
"brake" ;)

We did lower the tire pressure to 35 PSI and that definitely helped. There’s a bit of a chatter going over bumps at lower speeds and it still has the right leaning issue.

GX550 Poll

• 2 weeks

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • 1 - 2 months

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • 3 - 5 months

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • More than 5 months

Votes: 19 63.3%
Back