Overtrail model with surfboards

LC250owner

Jun 14, 2024
san diego
Any surfers get an overtrail model?

The seat bump when second row is folded down looks quite large and inconvenient for putting a surfboard in and out?

I’m currently leaning towards the Lc250 but do love some of the Lexus things in the gx550 - nicer cabin, massage seats, etc.

The luxury trims are a bit too lux I think for my day to day (surfing, hiking, mountain biking, dogs, young kids, etc) but the overtail is a nice medium ground.

Right now the seats sitting so high up feels like a deal breaker as I surf 3-5x a week.

Any surfers get an overtrail model?

The seat bump when second row is folded down looks quite large and inconvenient for putting a surfboard in and out?

I’m currently leaning towards the Lc250 but do love some of the Lexus things in the gx550 - nicer cabin, massage seats, etc.

The luxury trims are a bit too lux I think for my day to day (surfing, hiking, mountain biking, dogs, young kids, etc) but the overtail is a nice medium ground.

Right now the seats sitting so high up feels like a deal breaker as I surf 3-5x a week.
That’s why they have roof racks

I have a surfboard in the car with me more days than not so that’s not a great option as it’s not very secure unless you get locking metal enforced roof straps which makes accessing the surfboards extra inconvenient. If it was an every now and then thing no biggie, but I’m surfing 3-5x a week and many times it’s on my way to work in the morning.

I got the OverTrail without the third row backseats, and I haven't had a problem.
Nice good to hear. It’s not a pain having to clear the bump? I’m not sure how deep the bumper is and what not so not sure how much you have to reach into the car to get it to clear the bump.

GX550 Poll

• Eco

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Comfort

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Normal

Votes: 19 54.3%
  • Sport S

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Sport S+

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Custom (comment with settings)