Paint is a Dirt Magnet

TexLex

Feb 13, 2024
Media
Texas
I have a Nori Green OT+ and I love it, but the paint seems to attract dirt that I cannot keep clean. I have had black vehicles before and know dirt shows more, but this is different. It is hard to clean it off!

Anyone else have this issue?

have you tried waxing the car? or some kind of paint sealant?

Ceramic a more permanent option but dramatically more expensive.

My Nori green is staying clean and I keep it parked out in an open lot at the train station three days a week. I put a coat of collinite wax on the day I brought it home, and it stays relatively clean. I did pick a California duster to give it a quick swipe when it seems dusty to minimize the need to wash it and it's been looking super sharp. Dust can practically be blown off with the wax and sealant I have on there. Check out coillinites Bead Coat Quick Detail spray...stuff makes the Nori looks incredible.

My Nori green is staying clean and I keep it parked out in an open lot at the train station three days a week. I put a coat of collinite wax on the day I brought it home, and it stays relatively clean. I did pick a California duster to give it a quick swipe when it seems dusty to minimize the need to wash it and it's been looking super sharp. Dust can practically be blown off with the wax and sealant I have on there. Check out coillinites Bead Coat Quick Detail spray...stuff makes the Nori looks incredible.
The bead coat sealant says don’t put over wax. I’ve been searching trying to find what Lexus’s recommendation is for a new car and if it comes with any kind of coating on it or not, but haven’t found anything.

Last edited:
The beat coat sealant says don’t put over wax. I’ve been searching trying to find what Lexus’s recommendation is for a new car and if it comes with any kind of coating on it or not, but haven’t found anything.
I haven’t washed my car since I purchased it a couple of months ago. I’ve been waiting to wash it/ clay and ceramic coat. I haven’t had time. But I feel like the incognito does get dusty REaL quick. I hose it down pretty frequently though. Especially after driving in wet.

I ceramic coated ours.... seems to work well. If it gets a tad bit of dust, it blows off when driving.

Just yesterday I had a guy comment about ours in the parking lot that it looks like we just drove it out of the showroom. "not even a bug on the wind screen!".

When I drive it, because of the angle I'm looking at the hood, It does appear to be dusty but it's actually just the reflective specs in the paint.

GX550 Poll

• 2 weeks

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • 1 - 2 months

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • 3 - 5 months

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • More than 5 months

Votes: 19 63.3%
Back