PPF / Ceramic Pricing

Well.......$450 for the Lex Dealer to film the front end on my GX invoice. I don't know if the your estimate and mine are exactly the same areas. I know that the dealer has the computer printer to make the pcs from bulk material. Ceramic is great for the care of the paint but does not protect from bug impact like the film.

Dealer initially tried to charge me $6,899 for PPF on the front end, a foot up the hood, and on the side view mirrors. After I got done laughing, I told the nice young sales girl to shove it. I eventually paid $4,000 for the PPF and window tint (aka dealer markup) or else I would have lost the truck to the next guy in line. I hate the PPF, looks like crap on this white paint. You can clearly see where the white sparkly paint goes dull under the PPF.

I did get a great ceramic coating done by a buddy of mine who has a detailing business. He uses a 9-year graphene coating and he did everything - door jambs, wheels, glass, plastic, roof, roof rack, etc. I paid $800 which is the friend price but he normally charges $1200 and he just upped it to $1500 after I told him that Lexus tried to charge me $3600 for ceramic coating and interior scotch guard (I refused).

I paid $440 for the 3M paint protection up front and $1999 for the full body glass/ceramic. The dealer called it glass and it makes it real easy to clean plus it gives some protection to the paint I had no choice this is however. the dealer presented the car to me with both already applied. Considering I wasn't paying a $10K premium over list for the LCFE I was waiting for I considered this a bargain. That was two months ago and the LCFE is still "in transit".

I paid full ppf stain mate 5.5k

IMG_5738.jpeg

I had my dealer add PPF on the front end, a foot up the hood, mirrors, inside the door handles, along the door edges and ceramic tint on all windows for $1,700. This was pre-purchase pricing.

I had my dealer add PPF on the front end, a foot up the hood, mirrors, inside the door handles, along the door edges and ceramic tint on all windows for $1,700. This was pre-purchase pricing.
Now that sounds perfectly reasonable.

My dealer originally wanted $6899 for the same PPF plus $1599 for the tint ($8498 total). Plus $3599 for "Automate" which is ceramic coating on the exterior and scotchguard on interior ($12,097 total). This is their "standard package" that they slap on all 550s and they hope the sheep just pay it. I got them down to $4,000 instead of the $12k and I still feel like a fool for paying it. But if I didn't pay it, I'd probably still be waiting on a GX.

$2300 PPF full front, fenders, mirrors, pillars, roof leading edge. $800 ceramic full truck.

I winced at paying for the ceramic as I detail my own cars, and ceramic is actually dead simple, but I hate the acrobatics of getting around this big-ass truck, so bit the bullet and paid to have it done. Time value for me made sense. But seeing some of these quotes for ceramic is bonkers. The real work is in the paint prep beforehand, so if y'all are spending 1k + for ceramic, make sure they're doing a full de-con, multi-stage polish and prep first.

I was quoted for
-$2200 Full front PPF w/ mirrors, A Pillars, door edges and door cups.
-$600 Full ceramic tint including front windshield. They also removed the dealer installed tint
-$350 for 5yr ceramic coating after everything

In the end, they did it all for $3k

I had my whole SUV wrapped up to the roof rails at a local shop. Since we haul around grandkids, are in parking lots all the time and travel on highways, I wanted some protection as paint chips on this black paint really show up. I know from experience having another black GX before this 550. The shop I did it at said it was a big job, with over 100 pieces if film used and took a week to do, with paint correction done first. I was charged $6000 Canadian for the work, or about $4450 USD.

Last edited:

GX550 Poll

• Eco

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Comfort

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Normal

Votes: 19 54.3%
  • Sport S

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Sport S+

Votes: 2 5.7%