PPF worth it?

Are you putting PPF on your GX?

• Total voters
If you are compassionate about keeping your car like new, then Yes, at a minimum do the entire hood and f fenders, lower rockers (maybe) and behind the wheels. Cost should be between 1500 and 2000. If you want to make your life easy, get the entire vehicle ceramic coated. Thats another 1500 or so.

Absolutely worth having the front clip minimum PPF’d
A good shop won’t have exposed edges showing on the PPF
As far as the ceramic coating goes I’ve had it done on a previous vehicle and wasn’t sold on it. A good wax can provide enough protection IMO. The plastics on the vehicle are what need the most care to prevent fading over time.

I agree with the plastics especially vulnerable to UV sun damage. PPF helps with just all the rubbing and cleaning you do over time to keep the paint undamaged. small rocks and big bugs are also repelled fairly well. I am working on Ceramic coat at this time putting on one panel and trying to make it tidy. I have found that Adam's advanced ceramic will now cover the plastic and the glass if you wish. My experience with ceramic is just easier to clean your truck with soft materials or soft brushes and that some dirt and grime will just spray off with water before you use the brush. It will also go over the PPF film so that you do not have to mask areas with the early ceramic products it was needed. Just read the info on their website to see if you want it. Looks great when you are done.

GX550 Poll

• 2 weeks

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • 1 - 2 months

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • 3 - 5 months

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • More than 5 months

Votes: 19 63.3%
Back