Required loan to purchase

I’ve been on a waiting list for over a year. Salesperson called today and said it’s being built on the 28th and sent spec sheet. It’s a premium plus but, I don’t want the digital key, cold weather package, color heads up display, cargo net, tonneau cover, or the mats which are identified as factory installed options and port installed options. salesman says they cannons be taken off because they don’t do custom orders. These add $2700 and another $1000 for port installed options. Plus, I’d like a breakdown of just what a Delivery, processing and handling fee for $1300 entails. So about $3700.00 for “options” I don’t want and another $1300 for delivery, handling and processing. I know it seems trivial when you’re talking about a $69.000.00 car but to me it’s the principle. He says they come standard from the factory but they charge you extra! Has me over a barrel because the car is in high demand. At 70yrs of age, it will probably be my last car and it’s the one I want so I feel I will just suck it up.
We haven't got an allocation yet, but our sales guy said we can drop any port or dealer installed options but factory options are take it or leave it. So if you like the car, that is where you might be able to get flexibility, depending on dealer of course.

I did do some looking around to see if the blend of options we want are actually being built (premium+, captains chairs, climate package, no heads up, no traffic jam, no digital key). I couldn't find any without climate. And all had either heads up or traffic jam with digital key or both. Knowing that, I have accepted we will end up with at least a heads up display as an added tax to get what we want. Dealer has no control over what is being built.

Hopeful I can avoid the digital key and traffic jam as I will get almost zero value from them.

I’ve been on a waiting list for over a year. Salesperson called today and said it’s being built on the 28th and sent spec sheet. It’s a premium plus but, I don’t want the digital key, cold weather package, color heads up display, cargo net, tonneau cover, or the mats which are identified as factory installed options and port installed options. salesman says they cannons be taken off because they don’t do custom orders. These add $2700 and another $1000 for port installed options. Plus, I’d like a breakdown of just what a Delivery, processing and handling fee for $1300 entails. So about $3700.00 for “options” I don’t want and another $1300 for delivery, handling and processing. I know it seems trivial when you’re talking about a $69.000.00 car but to me it’s the principle. He says they come standard from the factory but they charge you extra! Has me over a barrel because the car is in high demand. At 70yrs of age, it will probably be my last car and it’s the one I want so I feel I will just suck it up.
Can’t speak to the options as they’re a personal choice, but you will see the delivery, processing, and handling fee on every new vehicle. I don’t think there’s any way around it unless you negotiate a lower price.

They’re currently not really making any without HUD - this is per a corporate employee. Most luxury cars have them now, it’s a safety thing and probably will get more and more standard across all cars. The factory installed options are not changeable unless you want another vehicle- this one will have those options and that’s already done.

The cover, mats, and net are port installed and can definitely be modified/removed prior to port arrival- unless you have a dealer who is a turd.

$1300 to put a vehicle built in Japan on a ship, cross the pacific, to then unload, possibly train, then truck to get it to you is not a horrible shipping cost. This isn’t Amazon Prime.

You have to decide if you want the car or not, but there’s no “bare bones” GX550’s being produced. If you don’t take it, there’s someone else who will and Lexus + dealerships know it.

GX550 Poll

• Eco

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Comfort

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Normal

Votes: 19 54.3%
  • Sport S

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Sport S+

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Custom (comment with settings)