💸 The 'official' I put my deposit down list...

I have 3 deposits down for a Luxury plus in Nori Green with the black or dapple gray interior. I put the first deposit down mid September. I’m hopeful that something will be allocated soon 🤞

I put 2k down and we get 5, or was it 10, (bad memory) 550's a month in hawaii, so I get my mines (Earth OT) in May.

Last edited:
Hello. We are ready to purchase and visited a small Lexus dealer in Hampton Roads, VA. They want a non-refundable deposit against a 7 month wait list for a "maybe we'll get something you like but won't talk about price until the actual vehicle comes in." I will not do that but am curious if that is common with Lexus. We've owned Toyotas, Jeeps, Dodge Ram, and Acura and I've never had a sales person (let alone two) try to go that route. We walked. There are several dealers between Baltimore, DC, Richmond, and the Triangle and we get to those areas regularly so there are other options with in easy driving distance. I am aware of the "if we build it, they will come" from Lexus in terms of cranking out optioned and packaged vehicles and am happy to have that conversation against a refundable deposit. But the nonrefundable bit was a surprise given it is against no specific vehicle, no specific price point, and no specific timeline. Wife and I are looking for a Premium Plus with nothing additional beyond Premium Plus spec. It's a unicorn and we're willing to wait. Has anyone put down refundable deposits with multiple dealers to get "more lines in the water?"

I don’t know, legally, how a non refundable deposit works against a holy trinity of:
Uncertain final price
Uncertain timing
Uncertain place in line

They aren’t providing you any real consideration for your purchase, would make it very difficult to enforce.

Regardless it’s just a scummy practice and shouldn’t be reinforced.

I don’t know, legally, how a non refundable deposit works against a holy trinity of:
Uncertain final price
Uncertain timing
Uncertain place in line

They aren’t providing you any real consideration for your purchase, would make it very difficult to enforce.

Regardless it’s just a scummy practice and shouldn’t be reinforced.
Agreed.

There are lots of Lexus dealers with no or refundable deposits with vehicles sold at MSRP.

Thank you for the info. It’s definitely a turn-off and glad to know there are other dealers not trying to go this route. We’ll look elsewhere for sure!

I put down $1K refundable deposit in May in Memphis, TN for an OT+ in two tone incognito and black roof with chateau interior. Specified 2025! Only other must-have is ML system and I’m sure I’ll also end up with some options I don’t care for. Will attempt to ask dealer to port delete them before the vehicle reaches port. Was told a month ago that I’m 2nd on the list .

10/17/2024 Deposit down on a Nebular Grey Pearl Premium. The dealer says it's being shipped and should be here by the end of November/Early December
And already sent my email withdrawing my deposit. I cant do a nebula gray. I have always had a black rig and thought I was ready for a change but knew I'd regret it. Didn't want to regret a $80k decision. Back to the waiting game.

And already sent my email withdrawing my deposit. I cant do a nebula gray. I have always had a black rig and thought I was ready for a change but knew I'd regret it. Didn't want to regret a $80k decision. Back to the waiting game.
I get that. We tried to like Nebula but can’t get there from the Green, White, or Silver. Share your sentiment with the price point — for that much you want what you want.

I just got an update from the dealer. My Nori/Onyx/Chateau OT has left port and is on a train bound for Chicago. He said it should be here within about 1 1/2 to 3 weeks, with an optimistic ETA of by the end of Oct. Yay. There's also an Earth/Onyx OT+ with the Chateau interior on that train bound for the same dealer that may arrive at the same time. I told the sales guy that if the owner decides he doesn't want it, please let me know. He said certainly.

GX550 Poll

• 2 weeks

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • 1 - 2 months

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • 3 - 5 months

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • More than 5 months

Votes: 19 63.3%
Back