đź’¸ The 'official' I put my deposit down list...

Don’t get me wrong I still think it’s a good car. I just feel like for me it’s losing a big amount of the hype factor.

Maybe that doesn’t matter maybe it does I guess we will see but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t keeping my eye on in market alternatives the last few weeks.

On April 11th, I put a non-refundable $2500 deposit down for an Atomic Silver Luxury VIN. They set expectations for arrival on May 11th and 2-3 days for dealer installed options. I appreciate my sales rep was transparent about the sunroof leak from day 1 of the QC hold.

I rather the pros in the port complete the repairs, since I'd consider them experts doing 1,000+ than the dealership doing <10. I feel strongly that they are wanting to get them out of the port and sold, just as much as we want them. I suspect "First In, First Out".

I 🤞 hope that I'll have it before my large family reunion. I have been looking to purchase since November. It is a real bummer waiting and wanting, but let's be real.... its 1st-world problems.

I saw a Nori Green in Ocean Isle Beach, NC yesterday and I cranked my neck, it looked soooo good. It'll be worth the wait, since it'll be the high-quality dream machine we are all looking forward to owning.

On April 11th, I put a non-refundable $2500 deposit down for an Atomic Silver Luxury VIN. They set expectations for arrival on May 11th and 2-3 days for dealer installed options. I appreciate my sales rep was transparent about the sunroof leak from day 1 of the QC hold.

I rather the pros in the port complete the repairs, since I'd consider them experts doing 1,000+ than the dealership doing <10. I feel strongly that they are wanting to get them out of the port and sold, just as much as we want them. I suspect "First In, First Out".

I 🤞 hope that I'll have it before my large family reunion. I have been looking to purchase since November. It is a real bummer waiting and wanting, but let's be real.... its 1st-world problems.

I saw a Nori Green in Ocean Isle Beach, NC yesterday and I cranked my neck, it looked soooo good. It'll be worth the wait, since it'll be the high-quality dream machine we are all looking forward to owning.
Non-refundable deposit? I would have walked on that.

I went into one of my local dealerships this weekend, test drove an Overtrail demo, and put my name on the waiting list. No deposit required. They told me the current waitlist is 9 - 12 months. They also said it's probably be quicker than that but I got the feeling they're trying to under promise and over deliver.

I went into one of my local dealerships this weekend, test drove an Overtrail demo, and put my name on the waiting list. No deposit required. They told me the current waitlist is 9 - 12 months. They also said it's probably be quicker than that but I got the feeling they're trying to under promise and over deliver.
Cool.

Welcome to the forum.

Reactions: JPE
Really? I thought a non refundable deposit was pretty common once you committed to an allocation.
Our deposit is 100% refundable, in writing. We like the GX550 but is something happened I doubt that we would use that money for any other Lexus. If it takes a year to come in, anything could happen and wouldn't want to give them $2,500 if we decide that we don't want the car. The way they are selling these things, they will have no problem selling it to someone else if we don't want it.

I gave up and picked up a Sequoia a week or so ago. Didn't want to wait 12 plus months. Now to go get my deposit back. Placed a deposite back in oct. or nov '23. Dealer has been dead silent ever since. As someone said earlier. The excitement and hype has subsided. If the dealer kept me in the loop. I think I would have stuck around longer. Lexus screwed the pooch on this one. Goodluck everyone!

I also gave up lol. We're picking up a gen 2 R1S next Saturday. I still think the GX 550 is a beautiful truck, but I've been doing some soul searching since I placed my deposit in December. After driving EVs for the past 8 years, I don't think I would be happy with 15 MPG (or less with my lead foot). I also haven't heard a peep from the dealer since placing the deposit. It saves us some money too, since the Rivian is $5k less than the OT+ I had picked out (with an additional $7.5k lease credit for being an EV). It won't have massaging seats and it won't be "luxury", but I'm okay with that.

Trying to get a list going of people that have put a deposit down. Hopefully we can track the production once we've got dates and times of builds, etc... If you've put your deposit down, please let us know in here!
Deposit 4/24/24 delivery 7/13/24, Brookfield Wisconsin

Trying to get a list going of people that have put a deposit down. Hopefully we can track the production once we've got dates and times of builds, etc... If you've put your deposit down, please let us know in here!
I am #3 in Kansas City. I have turned down three because they do not fully match what I am looking for. I want the Saddle Tan Semi-aniline leather and Brown Grained trim and it doesn't seem like they are pushing out much of those.

GX550 Poll

• 2 weeks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 - 2 months

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 3 - 5 months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More than 5 months

Votes: 6 75.0%
Back